Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 gsxr750 y
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here so forgive me if this has been done before. My son wants me to change his fork seals on his 98 srad 750. My question is, should I undo the top cap then the bottom bolt and remove everything in one piece, or should I compress the spring and remove the top cap leaving the damper rod in place ? Any thoughts would be great, thanks, dave.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,685 Posts
A service manual will be the way to go. You will get the proper order and the correct torque values. I didn't see the exact bike but THIS from carlsalter.com should be the same. Maybe have a look on their site for the exact manual, it is early and I haven't had enough coffee to be trusted yet.

Reactions: Spyder13

·
Registered
2000 gsxr750 y
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A service manual will be the way to go. You will get the proper order and the correct torque values. I didn't see the exact bike but THIS from carlsalter.com should be the same. Maybe have a look on their site for the exact manual, it is early and I haven't had enough coffee to be trusted yet.
(y) thanks Tinsnips, I'll have a look after work.

·
Registered
2000 gsxr750 y
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I can see, as all im doing is changing the seals and the oil, I don't need to undo the bottom bolt holding the damper rod in ? Just compress the spring and remove the top cap then the seats / spring / spacer etc. Slide hammer apart and replace everything. I can't see why I would need to remove the damper rod ? If anyone knows different please let me know, cheers. My boys bike is a 98 750 srad fuel injection !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts