Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 750 that has been sitting for X amount of months out doors. It was a parts bike that I rescued from being totally dismantled. So I got a new battery, made a make shift gas tank till mine came in. I have spark and the bike cranks, but it won't fire up. The only thing I can come up with is clogged jet :headscrat.... Can anyone tell me different.

If this were the case I found a stage 1 dynajet kit for $38 new should I just scoop that up and have the carbs cleaned and synced?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a 750 that has been sitting for X amount of months out doors. It was a parts bike that I rescued from being totally dismantled. So I got a new battery, made a make shift gas tank till mine came in. I have spark and the bike cranks, but it won't fire up. The only thing I can come up with is clogged jet :headscrat.... Can anyone tell me different.

If this were the case I found a stage 1 dynajet kit for $38 new should I just scoop that up and have the carbs cleaned and synced?
Did you make sure that you were getting gas to the carb? Check that before spending the money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replys guys, I ended up spraying carb cleaner in the ports and it fired up. I kept doing that each time I tried to start it and it ran more and more. I got it to run for a solid 2 mins just at idle, once I roll the throttle it dies out.

I never cleaned carbs, how difficult is it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
im having a similar prob w/ my 93
it will run up to about 4k
but at full throttle it dies
i was told that they need to be tuned to the bike or it wont run
so mine is goin in my truck and goin to someone who can do this for me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.