Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bike has a reservoir connected to the rear shock by a rubber hose. There is no noticeable damping if the adjusters are turned all the way in.

There are no signs of oil leakage. The factory manual states the assembly is non-repairable.

Has anyone messed with one with any success? Since a new one costs over $900, I am pretty motivated.....

Best Regards,
Kirk

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
ntx-gsxr said:
This bike has a reservoir connected to the rear shock by a rubber hose. There is no noticeable damping if the adjusters are turned all the way in.

There are no signs of oil leakage. The factory manual states the assembly is non-repairable.

Has anyone messed with one with any success? Since a new one costs over $900, I am pretty motivated.....

Best Regards,
Kirk
You can take it to a shop and have it pressure tested... It might need nitrogen, but then again if it does... where did the original nitrogen go. If you have a leak you might be in the same boat again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So this shock uses nitrogen, instead of oil (like the front shocks) as the damping fluid?

How much pressure is supposed to be in it?

Would my local Suzuki dealer do it or some one else?

I got the bike torn apart. It had been sitting for 7 years. I don't know if the previous owner loosened a banjo bolt by accident or not.

Ebay has lots of rear shocks, but none for my model and year. $900 for a new one would be doubling my investment in the bike.

I am a cheap old fart ....

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
it is presurized with nitrogen but has oil in it. The front just has oil. Any good dealer should be able to recharge a shock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts