Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet again I have another problem with my bike and this time it might be serious. About a week into buying the bike I started hearing a faint clicking noise somewhere in my engine when I was riding in gear, never heard it in neutral. Yesterday I was riding on the highway and out of nowhere my bike just turned off. I started it again and realized that I had to keep pulling the throttle to keep the bike on but I was getting no power from my bike and the engine noise sounded very grindy/hard. Every time it got up to around 5000rpm I would get bursts of power, like the bike would run jerky until I shifted up. At stop signs I had to keep giving it throttle in order to keep it running. Because the bike would jerk around 5000rpm I had to keep shifting up and I was in 4th gear going like 50km/h ( did I mention I ride a 1996 GSXR 750). I finally pulled into a parking lot and stopped the bike. I checked all my fluids-GOOD- then I checked for a leak or something.. Nothing. I tried starting my bike and it starts a little hard but she starts, if I don’t give it throttle it starts revving lower and lower and then eventually dies. When I have in neutral and give it a jolt of throttle the muffler makes this weird cracking noise. I have taken apart my bike totally and haven’t seen anything broken yet. I took out my spark plugs and they were a little black but I don’t know much about that kind of stuff. My buddy is going to look at it sometime. He suggested I get my carbs cleaned and I will but I was wondering if anyone else ever had a problem like this before with an SRAD? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Do a compression check on it, also if you need an oil change do it and check for metal shavings on the magnetic drain plug. That is what I would do first.

G

·
Yeah i had the same problem with my 98 srad 600 cleaned the carbs and sync them and she was running great after that and yeah change the oil

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
As far as the running part sounds like carbs... maybe lacquered up and or out of sync and need to be re built. and the knocking def want to drain the oil and look for metal in it.
your plugs should have a lil bit of a grayish tint to them if it is running right. The black says it is running to rich and or burning oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.