Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 gsxr 750. I cant for the life of me figure out where this connector goes! It has a red wire with light green dots, a light brown wire with light green dots and a black wire with a light brown tracer..the wiring had been messed with when I got it I’ve traced everything, looked everywhere and there is no where to connect this but my bike won’t start! Pleaee help!!! See picture
Bag Gadget Audio equipment Cable Electrical wiring

Line Collar Electrical wiring Wire Terrestrial plant
Bag Gadget Audio equipment Cable Electrical wiring

·
Mod of the North
30,149 Posts
Welcome. Where is it on the bike? Can you post a pic of where the wires connect to the main harness?

You can go to carlsalter.com and download a service manual free. There will be a wiring diagram that has the wire colors shown. It may tell you where it goes. Also, it will have routing diagrams to show the proper route for the wires. I had to use that on my ‘89 1100 because some connectors didn’t reach where they were supposed to go due to the harness being run in the wrong spot.

·
Administrator
11,963 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The throttle position sensor seems to be the only 3 wire connector that matches. The diagram says it should be a blue wire instead of brown but that might be a misprint or smudge on the drawing. The other two wires match up for color.

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Slope

·
Administrator
11,963 Posts
I appreciate that!! I’ll check it out!
BTW, the green dots on the wires are not used for identification. I believe they are used by the machines to measure length but I'm not 100% sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts