Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I be able to put my 98 gsxr 750 into neutral without the bike being on and with a broken clutch cable?

·
SuperMod of the North
24,924 Posts
Probably. Sit on the bike and rock it gently back and forth a couple inches or so, down shifting until you are in 1st gear then gently try and tip up unto neutral. You are looking to create slack in the drive train so it can shift, same principle as a clutch-less shift. Had to do that with mine a week ago cause the clutch wasn't hooked up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should I be able to put my 98 gsxr 750 into neutral without the bike being on and with a broken clutch cable?
Probably. Sit on the bike and rock it gently back and forth a couple inches or so, down shifting until you are in 1st gear then gently try and tip up unto neutral. You are looking to create slack in the drive train so it can shift, same principle as a clutch-less shift. Had to do that with mine a week ago cause the clutch wasn't hooked up.
Yeah I have tried that. I've had newer bikes and thought it might have something to do with the age of the bike.
Thing is I just bought it for $300 figured I can always part it out if it's something big. I'm taking it to my bike guy tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts