Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode last nite and the radiator temp got over 220 degrees. The fan didnt kick on. So I bypassed the fan switch in the radiator and the fan worked. My question is (this may be a stupid question) which direction should the fan rotate? From the back of the radiator should it rotate clockwie or counter-clockwise? I am going to just wire a switch to turn it on and off myself.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It should pull the air through the radiator, from front to back. I'm not sure which direction the blade spins without looking at it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The manual says it should kick on at 221 degrees. It seems that running cooler is better for the motor. I just want to make sure it doesnt get too hot.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i thought all suzuki fans turned on at 226......

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought so as well. But when I double checked the manual it says the fan switch will kick the fan on at 221. So will it hurt anything by wiring the fan to a switch? Or do the make a temperature switch that will kick the fan on at a cooler temp?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anybody know hot to parallel wire a toggle switch into the fan harness? I want to manually turn the fan on and also allow the fan to kick on automatically.

·
Registered
122 Posts
does it not come on at all? past 226 it should def be on i also have a 98 srad and like clock work mine hits 226 er so and bam it comes on, i wouldnt go riggin switches i thought mine was broke also i just let it warm up and waited i said if i see 230 235 then i have a prob, if you really want to run a switch there is threads about it all over in here just search for it and youll find all info, hope it helps and hopefully you dont think im a dick for telling ya just let it warm up to point and watch the fan, it should kick on bro.

·
Banned
32 Posts
I too have a 98 SRAD and yesterday while in bumper to bumper traffic my bike just shut off at 107C (226F). Fan was running. Is the bike supposed to automatically shut off when it gets too hot? I thought if it gets too hot the fan should kick in to cool it off.

After 5-10 minutes it started again and everything is fine. but not before it poured rain on me while sitting on the shoulder of the highway.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The fan does come on. I took the temp sensor out of the radiator and heated it with a heat gun. The fan came on. I would just like to have the option to cool it down manually if possible. And I wouldnt think anything bad of anyone if they were trying to help. I appreciate all the help. And it sucks to get caught in the rain. Been there done that!

·
Registered
552 Posts
If you just wire a switch between the two wires going to the temp switch then you will have a switch wired in paralell. T off each wire, hook them to your switch. Then flipping the switch on would be like the temp switch kicking in, but when the switch is off, it would still allow the temp switch to do its thing (as long as it still works).

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Wow you all bike fan kicks on at 226...... 218 or round that is when all my bike kicks on including my 96

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.