Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats goin on ? Im a new member I own a 99 gsxr 750 and I have a couple problems. I recently got the bike last year used of course and the guy who owned it before me was a little bit rough with it. The tailight is wired to be a brake light and also the turn signals. The problem is when you turn the left or right turn signal on it either blows the bulb or after you shut the turn signal off the whole light assembly goes out for 3-5 seconds and then comes back on and Im sick of getting pulled over for it any ideas ? 2nd problem I was doing a couple of whole shots and then i parked it went inside hung out for a little and then decided to go out for a little but when I started the bike up and put it in first and release the clutch lever to drive away it didnt move so I figuered I blew the clutch. Next day went to local bike shop got a barnett clutch kit steels and fibers came home put it in. Bolted everything back up went to ride it still wouldnt move. I got a book on the bike and from the picture I can tell that Im missing a clutch spring seat and washer. I ordered the parts. My question is this I rode the bike for probably 1000 miles while the cutch was missing these pieces does anybody know if these parts will make the clutch pack tighter so that when the clutch is engaged it will work ? Please somebody write back the season is here and I wanna ride thanx guys

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
The light problem sounds like a short in the wires. What your talking about is a tailight integrator which makes the tailight also function as a blinker. Check those wires make sure there good and not grounding out against each other. If that is not the problem its the way it was wired then. The clutches I dont know about, but that sounds like thats your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.