Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 99 gsxr600 has a nasty problem. i have to tach it to 3k to get it moving and at about 5 or 6k when it usually kicks in it has a nasty hesistation then gets up to 8k and stops in first gear. just doesnt accelerate anymore. in neutral ill rev it up and it will go up to 12500 or 13k then bounces but never hits redline. had this problem after loaning it to my friend. anyone got any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
600 Posts
thats why you dont lend your bike out...hell i dont lend my truck out, ill make time to drive them to get what they need before i turn the keys over

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled both fuel filters and both were clean and replaced plugs with no improvement. the only thing my friend told me was that he did run 1 tank of 87 in it because he didnt know to run hi test.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Gas..

Do U still have Regular gas in your Tank, if yes.... repalce it with Higher octane fuel...

my 0.02

ride safe :hammer:

·
Registered
869 Posts
If you have an Auto Zone or Advanced Auto Parts they have this fuel additive called "Nitro Power." Pour half of the can in you tank and have a go at it with that stuff in there. That should take out the lag and any other bad shit in there.

REMEMBER ONLY HALF OF THE BOTTLE.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
That shouldnt cause it to run like that though, just cause of octane. If your octane is usually low youll just get a ping, not run like shit. Do you have an elec. fuel pump or is yours gravity fed. if it is an elec. fuel pump your pump could be goin bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah its electric, but it seems to be putting out plenty of fuel i used it in the beginning to start draining the tank and it would pump quite a lot as it primed the carbs. i dont know if priming would be different then normal. its worth a shot next time im home. im in VA about 600 miles away from it in the army so fixing it is kind of hassle and would like as many possible fixes so i can fix it in one trip in october.thanks for the info any more definitely help

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
It doesnt sound like the fuel pump to me. It DOES however appear to be carbeuration, and the fact your buddy borrowed it is a coincidence.

When you changed the plugs what did they look like. You can tell quite a bit about how a bike is running by reading the plugs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the plugs looked like they needed changing but had been in for almost a year. i checked the plugs after running for about 20 minutes to see if any were wet like no ignition but they all looked like i had just taken them out of the box.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts