Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the S-MX 1 boots are ruled out. Too much like hightops and not enough like an actual boot as far as protection goes.

The next step up closer to a race boot WITHOUT going to a full race boot is the SMX 3. Anyone seen these in person or had a pair / tried them on etc? I don't have a local place to see them unless I order them in so trying to find some feedback. I really don't want a full boot but I want something with a littler more protection that I can still walk around in etc.

Alpinestars SMX 3 Boots - RevZilla

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
I have SMX1's. They are comfortable enough to walk around all day. I've had them for 2 years and they are still holding up well. I did lose a toe slider in the twisties somewhere. I will get another pair of A*

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have SMX1's. They are comfortable enough to walk around all day. I've had them for 2 years and they are still holding up well. I did lose a toe slider in the twisties somewhere. I will get another pair of A*
I wore my SMX-1s in to work today. I can wear them all day long. I have to assume the SMX-3s would be just as good, but with more over ankle protection.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the thing, I want comfort but I don't want to lose most protection to gain it. ET mentioned the SMX-1's were like slippers and could only assume they were not as protective as they could be. That's why I looked into the SMX-3 as they are more race boot inspired without going to an actual full lenght SMX 6 race boot.

·
Registered
383 Posts
That's the thing, I want comfort but I don't want to lose most protection to gain it. ET mentioned the SMX-1's were like slippers and could only assume they were not as protective as they could be. That's why I looked into the SMX-3 as they are more race boot inspired without going to an actual full lenght SMX 6 race boot.
The SMX-1 are comfortable, but they feel pretty damn protective to me. They more than cover my ankle and they fit snug. There's a zipper and a Velcro flap on the inside and a strap to snug them up more if you need.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
I might go with the 3's next time. I like the geared closure rather than Velcro.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts