Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

So I can't change into any Mode (ABC).
I have checked the switch and wiring and both are ok. I swapped my ECU into a different bike and I could change the modes. That means it's not the ECU at fault.
So ECU good and switch/cable good. I'm guessing there is something else that will not let me into the modes. What else controls this?

Thanks guys... if you need more Info just let me know. Cheers

Attachments

·
SuperMod of the North
26,680 Posts
What year and model?

Reactions: Mr_HPKN5

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
You mentioned in your other thread that your ECU is flashed. That may be the reason?

·
Registered
413 Posts
As I understand it, the mode switches when the lead from the ECM to the switch is grounded, O/Bl for up and O/R for down. You could unplug the ECM and check the resistance to ground when either switch is pressed. I think O/Bl is pin 63 and O/R is pin 50. As I understand it, the indicator doesn't come on at first but requires that you hold the switch down for two seconds - at which point it shows A. The K8 owner's manual indicates that the mode cycles around, i.e. that pressing either button will get you to any mode. If you can't see anything via either switch, it could be a bad ground at the handlebar connector. Alternately the cluster display might have failed. I'd expect all segments to briefly come on when the cluster first gets power. Can you see anything then?

·
SuperMod of the North
26,680 Posts
Good God. Good post Sir.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As I understand it, the mode switches when the lead from the ECM to the switch is grounded, O/Bl for up and O/R for down. You could unplug the ECM and check the resistance to ground when either switch is pressed. I think O/Bl is pin 63 and O/R is pin 50. As I understand it, the indicator doesn't come on at first but requires that you hold the switch down for two seconds - at which point it shows A. The K8 owner's manual indicates that the mode cycles around, i.e. that pressing either button will get you to any mode. If you can't see anything via either switch, it could be a bad ground at the handlebar connector. Alternately the cluster display might have failed. I'd expect all segments to briefly come on when the cluster first gets power. Can you see anything then?
Measured the connections and they are all good. Also found the pins (orange/red & orange/something else) and with direkt connection to geound or between PINS had no effekt... meaning that something else is blocking the change, but what? That's the question :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
^You'll have to be much more specific about what you did. No response to question about segments coming on during powerup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
See 4:31 here. All mode indicators are briefly displayed on power up. It's a K9 but I'd expect yours to behave the same.
Hi, so got the guy to check the ECU if he flashwd ABC out... he hasn't. With the current situation it is: ABC light up upon start and then it's gone. I cannot choose ABC after. I have measured the wires and all the button does is ground the connection and that works. So somethibg else is stopping me from choosing the mpdes ABC.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Trace the wire all the way back. Might be a loose/corroded connection. Having a good ground is only half the battle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts