Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm strongly considering adding a slip on or bolt on exhaust muffler to my '03 Gsxr 600. I'm looking mainly for a little bit of sound. It's a sweet bike with an oem pipe now. It will not be a full system added on. Is there an advantage to slip on with a clamp vs. a bolt on muffler and will I need to do any re-tuning to allow the motor to compensate for the change? I don't want to make it run rich and foul plugs or injectors. Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Well it depends on the model of your bike, and your 600 will only take a Bolt on, the header and the midpipe are all one piece, so you would either have to do a full system or a bolt on. The slip on is only for the 1000 and the advantages to that are that it removes the SET vavle.
I would suggest a Yosh exahust for your bike. and as for the re-tuning, its suggested to get the best performance and throttle response, but it isn't necessary.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot. I appreciate the input. It's an '03 600 with 2019 miles on it. I was just afraid that adding a bolt on would require a retune so that nothing would get messed up internally. Any suggestions on a model of yosh? Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
gixxerkidd said:
I'm strongly considering adding a slip on or bolt on exhaust muffler to my '03 Gsxr 600. I'm looking mainly for a little bit of sound. It's a sweet bike with an oem pipe now. It will not be a full system added on. Is there an advantage to slip on with a clamp vs. a bolt on muffler and will I need to do any re-tuning to allow the motor to compensate for the change? I don't want to make it run rich and foul plugs or injectors. Thanks in advance for your input.
hi ! i suggest yosh because yosh and suzuki are together for enginer that pipe and think is the best choise but hindle are great too!

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Well the rest of it is really just looks, the RS-3 is the oval one and the TRS is the triangle shaped one. depends on what look you like better, and then for the finish I would either go ti or carbon, unless you want shiney, then go with the stainless.

·
Registered
25 Posts
yosh!!!

I definantly have to agree go yosh, all my freinds have aftermarket pipes and i have been told by them the mine has the cleanest sound by far. by the way i have the stainless TRS.
:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.