Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone ever decides to buy one of these from Afam which i will say that the quality of the sprocket and chain was great...

But shit man give me a chain thats long enough at [email protected]!!!!

So i sent my friend to afam to pick up my chain and sprocket kit cause they are local and we take it to class today and everyone is standing around helping... power tools zipping away.. right down to the last step... Put the new chain on.... OOOH but what is this?? the chain is 5 links (not including the master link) to short and i am away at school with my bike up on the lift!!

Luckly there was one of our class mates to frequently transports his bike in his truck (and thankfully decided to not ride his bike that day)....
Afam is not open on weekends so my friend will be there monday getting me the CORRECT chain

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wow

In the beginning Why Did You U bring your Bike, Your Tools, Your Stand, why didn´t U change it at home......... much easier or want to Impress girls... :laughingr .

Sorry, no offense.....

Ride Safe..

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a girl dork!

But ive never changed the chain and sprockets before on a bike.. this is my first bike only had it since april...

Im taking a motorcycle maintaince class so we work on our own bikes in the class.. what ever you want to do.. the teacher has all the "correct" tools when i don't and we do it our self/ he teaches us so I don;t have to pay an arm and a leg to the dealership...

Also i don't have a chain breaker (which i needed) or that rivit tool to put the master chain on...

so rather then find that out in my garage i took it to my school that im paying for anyways (only $20 a semester) free use of the shop/tools/experts

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay so Fishy went back and got a chain long enough... but now he put a few extra links so now i need a chain breaker also..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts