Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got some aftermarket pegs (non folding like the stock ones) just curious as to installing them... would it be easier to remove the 2 bolts and pull off the whole rear set along with shifter rod on the left and braking spring on the right... or if an allen wrench will fit behind it and remove the stock, fit the new pegs and tighten down as much as possible... any hints or advice? pics of other aftermerket peg installs? thanks

p.s. 02 gsxr1000

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
ex-infantry said:
i got some aftermarket pegs (non folding like the stock ones) just curious as to installing them... would it be easier to remove the 2 bolts and pull off the whole rear set along with shifter rod on the left and braking spring on the right... or if an allen wrench will fit behind it and remove the stock, fit the new pegs and tighten down as much as possible... any hints or advice? pics of other aftermerket peg installs? thanks

p.s. 02 gsxr1000
Remove the two bolts to pull off the whole rearset, it'll be a lot easier that way.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
when you undo the bolts you will have enough freeply with the shifter and the brake resevoir to get to the bolt and remove the rearset. With out takes the rearset off its rather impossible to get the peg off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, its 28 degrees outside, but im anxious to start knocking out these jobs so everythings ready for the nice days ahead here... im gonna go out to the garage and check it out... i'll post up after i see how it goes.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
trust me, I know how it goes, I've done it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh, i definitly trusted ya... just like doing these things on my own with a bike now.... but just like you said, had all sorts of free play to change everything out to the new pegs :thumbup:

only prob was the hex wrench didnt want to go into the right side very well and the left was a ***** to get off (prolly cause its about 20 with the windchill)... but i'll definitly get those suckers on pretty quick once i can get the actual peg bolts to break free.... thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.