·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gsxr 750 k5
Is turning over no spark .no lights infront plus pump not coming on

·
24,608 Posts
Welcome Sir. I moved your thread to the tech section. My first guess is to check kickstand switch, clutch switch, tip over switch and kill switch. When did it start doing this? Any recent work done to the bike?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Sir. I moved your thread to the tech section. My first guess is to check kickstand switch, clutch switch, tip over switch and kill switch. When did it start doing this? Any recent work done to the bike?
They took out the harness from the usa and put new one in
And lost the original

·
Premium Member
8,198 Posts
Welcome.

Is it showing "CHEC" in the temperature window while the starter cranks the engine?

·
24,608 Posts
Nice... OK, check the tip over switch is good first. It is likely in the tail section and will say "this side up". It should sit on a little post or bracket. If it is not upright your bike will turn over but no fuel pump. I am thinking if they switched harnesses they may not have plugged put on the post. Likewise check the connection to your lights, they may not be plugged in correctly as well.

·
Premium Member
8,198 Posts

·
24,608 Posts
Did they also change the ECU? You need to confirm that the electrical system they put in the bike is the right one for your year and model and everything is plugged in correctly.

·
Registered
181 Posts
A UK bike sounds like it had an immobilizer, which US models don't have. If so, you must replace the ignition switch and ECM in order to use a US harness.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
If I read correctly the OP said the original harness was a US bike and the replacement is UK. So the original wouldn’t have had an immobiliser.

Why was the harness replaced in the first case? What was wrong with the bike? Perhaps the issue is elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts