Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the scoop...I've been searching on how to remove the entire air box to get to the plugs so I can swap them out. I was able to get the cover of the air box off, remove the rubber hose as well as the 3 sensor/relays on the front. I pulled the air cleaner, but I can't seem to figure out how to pull the bottom of the box out. The manual says that there are screws that line up once the frame plugs are removed, but I can't seem to see anything that lines up. I'm so lost...and the manual doesn't seem to have any further details.

I searched the forum and can't seem to find anything that is really detailed, just some vague descriptions or repeats of what the manual says.:headshake

Can anyone please help?!?! Pictures would be great....:infrandom

Its a K6 600.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that's where I'm getting lost. I don't know how/where to loosen them. I think the manual ways to use a screwdriver through the frame holes, but nothing seems to line up.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
The clamps a usually dark in color so they are hard to see. You'll need a long Phillips screw driver to go thru the frame to reach them. Try looking at the bottom of the box from the back with a flash light to see if you can locate the clamp.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been looking to see the clamps, but I just can't seem to find them. I see a few small plastic "clips" that look like they are wrapped around a brass threaded rod, but I don't think those are the clamps you are talking about.

I'm sorry, I've done so many technical things on this bike, and I can't seem to do the simple things like unscrew a few clamps...:laughingr

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
yea there should be clamps holding down the air box to each throttle boddy, screw driver gets them loose. to make things easier its were the plastic of the air box meets the metal of the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
47 Posts
So this is the best way to get to the plugs? Do you have to remove the fairings?

·
Registered
375 Posts
No, just the tank, or atleast prop it up so you can remove the airbox. Removing the airbox may not be the only way, but is the easiest and thats everyone does it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts