Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just cleaned the air filter on my 07 600. i used some spray on cleaner. ive got some spray on oil. will it be ok to ues that or do i need to get something else.

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
the most important thing is what filer are you talking about?!?!?!?

Stock "paper" filters are not reuseable. They last to a certain point, like recommended to change every 7000 miles. But you can clean it at 3500, when they say clean, it pretty much means to pat off any debris stuck in it, or blowing it with air (which doesn't do much).

However, K&N and BMC make reuseable filters. All you got to do is clean it, and re-oil them. The companies normally making a cleaning/recharger kit, which includes a cleaning solution and re-oil solution for the filter.

If you sprayed your stock OEM paper filter (or some paper filter of sort), toss that sucker out and go buy a K&N or something! Take that sucker out ASAP!

Please refere to your owners manual next time!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i was wanting to know if i could just reues the stock air filter. i just cleaned it like you do a foam filter for a dirt bike. ill just get a new one. i guss its like a car filter just buy a new 1

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Remember what Ballhawk3 said, buy a reusable filter. You actually get some good out of it and it will save some $ in the long run.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I always just put a new stocker in. Usually dont feel like havein the bike appart and unrideable all day while the filter is getting washed/dried oiled/dried. Easier to just slap a new filter in and go instead of screwing arround with that stuff. For my truck I have 2 reusable filters so I always have one washed/oiled and ready to put on then I can clean the other one whenever I feel like it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just ordered a k&n for my bike :)

quick sorta offtopic question.
I will have this k&n and already have a micron bolt on.
I know neither will do much performance wise...at what point should I be getting a power commander though?
I'd rather not lean my motor out just from a couple dumb bolt ons.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
+1. what he said. i do like the idea of having two filters though. hmmmmmmm
i second that, but im going down the bmc path instead of the k&n filter statement earlier. no real big difference but i'm going another brand just to disagree with dangles here. :thefinger

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
follow the instructions of the K&N!!!!!

I would say 99% of people miss this.

Your airbox has a rubber gaster. Look, trust me, it's in the gaps. You got to take out this gasket if your installing the K&N. It's clear in the instructions, people just don't bother to read it, just asume take out the old, put in the new.

If you ever plan in putting the OEM filter again, you'll need the gasket.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.