Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
I just installed a side-mount on my '07...not sure what technical difference there is between '07 and '08 exhaust systems but as for the actual pipe, I love everything about it - the look, the sound, you'll even feel a difference in performance (I know I did) Anyway, if you like this kind of pipe, go for it, you won't regret it:thumbup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I just installed a side-mount on my '07...not sure what technical difference there is between '07 and '08 exhaust systems but as for the actual pipe, I love everything about it - the look, the sound, you'll even feel a difference in performance (I know I did) Anyway, if you like this kind of pipe, go for it, you won't regret it:thumbup:
Thanks for you comment. I'll do as you say and "go for it" :thumbup:
My only last concern is the rather long exposed Metal pipe. I'm just concerned that it might burn my trousers/ the legs of whoever's sitting behind (look at the picture!) You happen to know if that pipe gets in the way? By the way, I'll buy the carbon version rather then the titanium one :D

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I think the difference is that the k8 has a catalyzer (black box underneath)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks for you comment. I'll do as you say and "go for it" :thumbup:
My only last concern is the rather long exposed Metal pipe. I'm just concerned that it might burn my trousers/ the legs of whoever's sitting behind (look at the picture!) You happen to know if that pipe gets in the way? By the way, I'll buy the carbon version rather then the titanium one :D
No, it doesn't get in the way at all. I was afraid of that too, but turned out it hugs the frame nicely and doesn't get THAT hot...plus, with normal riding, you never touch it anyway. The carbon part of it just isn't hot enough to burn you and the steel part isn't anywhere near your passenger's or your leg...

I think the difference is that the k8 has a catalyzer (black box underneath)
I had that too, but it came off along with the stock muffler, looking at your picture it looks like you have the option of leaving it there...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, it doesn't get in the way at all. I was afraid of that too, but turned out it hugs the frame nicely and doesn't get THAT hot...plus, with normal riding, you never touch it anyway. The carbon part of it just isn't hot enough to burn you and the steel part isn't anywhere near your passenger's or your leg...

I had that too, but it came off along with the stock muffler, looking at your picture it looks like you have the option of leaving it there...
Good! now all my concerns are gone. According to swiss law, I mustn't remove the Box :headshake, otherwise my bike will be banned for street use if some official finds out. do you have the titanium or carbon one?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Good! now all my concerns are gone. According to swiss law, I mustn't remove the Box :headshake, otherwise my bike will be banned for street use if some official finds out. do you have the titanium or carbon one?
Carbon;)
Don't have a good video of mine yet, but here's one I found on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNEEUwmmRPk (except mine is a blue/black '07)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts