Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at exhaust systems, namely the Akropovik Racing II 4-2-1 System found here.

I know it's a great exhaust, I just want to know if anyone else has one so they can tell me if it's too loud or not. I like the GP exhausts, but I'm not gonna be wearing ear plugs all the time. Thanks!

GSXR 750 K8

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey man I had the slip on version of that pipe on my k7 750 and that was a loud slip on. I normally ride with headphones which are noise cancelling and I could barely hear any music if I was above 6k rpm but I loved the exhaust nobody had it and it sound great

·
Registered
295 Posts
On the k7 that slip on does get rid of the cat. But on your bike it would be welded correct?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the k7 that slip on does get rid of the cat. But on your bike it would be welded correct?
Yeah, I can't really do a slip-on. The CAT is definitely welded on, and I definitely want to get rid of it. That's why I want a full system. I just really don't want something that you can hear from a mile away. Because that would mean the dude on the bike (me) would be deaf by the time he got anywhere :lol:

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
Akra exhausts on the street are not loud (unless you constantly come close to redlining) they do sound like no other which is nice. It has a raspy bark to it but not annoying whatsoever. I have an Akra full system on my race bike and it sounds sweeeet, especially above 11k-12k rpm.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Akra exhausts on the street are not loud (unless you constantly come close to redlining) they do sound like no other which is nice. It has a raspy bark to it but not annoying whatsoever. I have an Akra full system on my race bike and it sounds sweeeet, especially above 11k-12k rpm.
I'd have to say that 90% of the time I'm between 5-7k. Sounds like Akra is my winner than. Thanks :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts