Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have had any experince with Bike alarm systems can you please share it with us. What make/ model is it? How easy was the setup? And overall opinion of it. Let us know

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a Gorilla 7017 alarm and paging system on mine.

http://www.gorilla-auto.com/motorcycle.alarms

The upsides is it is amazingly loud, the paging system works if you are in a bar or whatever within about a 1/4 mile, many different sensors so if one doesn't set it off the others will.

The only downside I have experienced is that while my bike is cooling down it will sometimes set off the shock sensor, but then at least people know that you have one and won't mess with it.

I love it and would recommend it for anyone who walks away from their bike.

Installation was fairly simple, took about an hour. You can't see it because it is hidden in the fairings.

·
Registered
111 Posts
scorpio SR

i have a scorpio SR-i500 its a two way lcd screen with 1/2 mi radius it was plug and play and they clam it's water proof i have washed my bike like normal (not totally soaking the tail section) as i always have and ive never had any gliches or hiccups out of it it has a ignition kill and tilt sensors and works really good another plus is you can set the remote to only vibrate there cus service is great as the other day i lost the batt cover to my remote so i called there number they asked me what model i had and they sent it right out i got it in two days i can say the only thing bad i have to say is the remote goes through triple a's pretty quick but the new remotes they got out now are rechargable so i guess they figured that out. so i guess its time to up grade unless i plan on owning stock in duracell or a lil pink bunny with drums

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I've had a few alarm systems.

I had 2 gorilla alarms. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, they're garbage and stop working a few months after purchase. I don't think they were water proof. Remotes stop working.

I had a ispy alarm I bought off ebay for $100. It was a 2 way system.....wasn't bad. The antenna kept unpluging due to vibration but it lasted 2 seasons.

Another forum I belong to was having a group buy for Talon alarms. So far this thing is great. I installed it myself. It works with my lights, has a perimeter sensor, shock sensor built in. A lot of the same features as a Scorpion alarm at a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
111 Posts
yes sir the boss they are as stated above alot of companys claim plug in play but sometimes its so not true but this system is all you have to do is plug everything in to your factory harness and add what ever options you added ie: remote kill, back up batt, etc... then all you have to do is safely run the ant as long as possible without pinching it the longer the better they claim a 1/2 mile i've got mine ran up my subframe all the way to the tail light and my range is almost a full mile

·
Registered
317 Posts
Does anyone know...?

I seen this one guy on a hayabusa had something installed that would make all kinds of cool/funny noises when he did different things (ignition, turn signals, etc) Wander if that was part of the alarm system. Anyone has that? Knows what it is? It's stupid, I know, but I've been looking for it since...

·
Registered
317 Posts
what if you're more than 1/2 mile away? it has to time out right? Want to get an alarm but don't want to come back to a dead bike if it goes off and i'm not around...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I'm thinking about getting LoJack for my bike, does anyone have any info on this?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the Scorpio sr-i900. With their optional harness, it is plug and play. It is a little pricey, but i think its worth it. paging system, shock, tilt, ignition sensors. Optional Proximity sensor and ignition kill. RF-ID :thumbup: so no need to arm or disarm.

http://www.scorpioalarms.com/products/motorcycle/sr-i900/
Thats what I want to get, I have herd great things and I think the automatic arming and disarming when you walk near the bike is awesome. My local shop just had a special on them for $100 off but I didn't have the money of course:headshake Im sure I will kick myself later when I pay way more for it.

About Lojack I have read from the experts I guess that any thief that knows what they are doing know where they are located and disarm them immediately after stealing it. Also I read about the bike theft in Cali is the worst because they drive the bikes straight across the border. The police get pings from the Lojack in Mexico all the time but cant do shit about it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm thinking about getting LoJack for my bike, does anyone have any info on this?

In deed there is. Its by a company called cycle protect. you set a perimeter around your bike of "x" feet and if the bike is moved out of that circle you get a text message to your phone. on there website of www.cycleprotect.com you can see how it works and testimonials.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i have a scorpio SR-i500 its a two way lcd screen with 1/2 mi radius it was plug and play and they clam it's water proof i have washed my bike like normal (not totally soaking the tail section) as i always have and ive never had any gliches or hiccups out of it it has a ignition kill and tilt sensors and works really good another plus is you can set the remote to only vibrate there cus service is great as the other day i lost the batt cover to my remote so i called there number they asked me what model i had and they sent it right out i got it in two days i can say the only thing bad i have to say is the remote goes through triple a's pretty quick but the new remotes they got out now are rechargable so i guess they figured that out. so i guess its time to up grade unless i plan on owning stock in duracell or a lil pink bunny with drums
I've got the same one, works great... I turned off the shock sensor so it doesn't go off when a loud car or motorcycle goes by but when i get the signal "tilt" i know to grab a bat and haul @$$:arsenal:thumbup: to knock teh poor [email protected]$terd off my bike.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.