Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding home from work the other day. I was moving kinda quick, but not more than usual. I come up to the turn that enters the gas station. I was leaned over quite a bit when I noticed a pile of sand off some construction *uck's truck. I uprighted as much as I could and braked as hard as I could before the sand. Just as I was releasing the brake, my front tire hit some "pre-pile" sand. The tire locked up. Before I could think, I slammed my leg into the ground to bounce me back. I saw $$ and stitches flashing before my eyes but everything turned out fine. I bounced up and rode into the exit side of the gas station. This isn't nearly extreme as I have read on here before, but it was enough to scare the pooh out of my brown-eye!

·
Registered
600 Posts
how fast were you going into the gas station?

and how much sand was there....I deal with sand all the time when we cruise to the beach parking lots, aslong as your not driving crazy it wont really affect you

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Well if will affect you if your not expecting it and it is usually never there. New riders also need to watch out for the oil in the middle of the lanes comeing up to lights. I had a chick riding with us go down the other day because of that.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sardog211 said:
That would definitely give me a pucker factor :eek: Is your leg alright?
Yeah...my leg is ok. My knee is little stiff from being jarred so quick. It was about a 12"X12" pile of sand around 3" high. It was dark out, and I couldn't see where the trail started. I have ridden this same road hundreds of times and wasn't expecting it. Just goes to show you no matter how comfortable you are with a place or a trick. Don't get too comfortable or you might be on your ass!!

·
Administrator
1,000,000,259 Posts
wow at least your ok!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I done that lately, there regraveling evry damn major road here so its back roads for me. I did that 1 week ago caught a grip of gravel but saved it.

·
Administrator
1,000,000,259 Posts
they have contruction by my job.. they have dirt and works all over the damn drive way... last week i caught 2 nails in my tire!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sucks!! That's not cheap. You might be able to talk the foreman into paying for the new tire. You got nothing to lose if you try.

·
Administrator
1,000,000,259 Posts
yes i was going to

but when my LOVELY boyfriend had the tire changed he let them toss it away instead of bringing it back so i have no proof

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Go to any local cycle shop and ask if you can have an old tire. Put a couple of nails int it and show the foreman. Just make sure the nails match what they are using. It may be schemish, but hey.....$ is $. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
stupid boyfriend!!! hahahaha!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts