Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm riding home from work today and I'm on a road where the speed limit is 55mph. I'm cruising with traffic probably closer to about 60 or so. Well...we're coming up to a light which is still green. We're going, going, going, about to go under the green light... Then it turns yellow. PLENTY of time to go through considering the damn yellow light is almost above the car in front of me. Well...this dick decides to JAM on his brakes. Which in turn causes me to brake real hard, too. Being on a bike, I can stop a lot faster than a car so by the time I stop, I'm at the damn line where you should stop. Keep in mind I was braking hard as fuck, too. The car in front of me was IN THE DAMN MIDDLE OF THE INTERSECTION!!!

I'm kinda shaking my head at what a tool that guy is when I look over to my right and THERE'S A CAR NEXT TO ME...IN MY LANE!!!!!!

Thank Lord Jesus that I was riding on the left hand side of my lane because if I wasn't, I would of gotten rear-ended. It's a 4 lane road, 2 lanes in each direction, and at the actual line for the stop light was me, another car in my lane to the right of me and another car in the right lane. The car behind me wouldn't of had any place to go except up my ass if I was riding in the middle.

Keep this as a lesson...never come up to a stop light in the middle of the lane. Always give the car behind you a place to go if they can't stop in time...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Scary stuff. Be careful out there.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did the car in the middle of the intersection just set there till the next green light? lol

Its not your day man... I looked up at the address bar and it said post 66611....:shifty Be careful out there!
Heh...actually, THATS how I realized the car was next to me instead of behind me. The car in the middle of the intersection threw it in reverse and starting backing up a little. I looked behind me to make sure I had room to back the bike up if the idiot was gonna back into me...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I could be wrong but I think your bike would take longer to stop than a car would. Glad you made it out of that in one piece. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that hardly anybody can drive anymore. They should make the driving test a lot more difficult IMO.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah, i agree there are some dumbass out there.. friday night i was driving home on the turnpike and a car just suddenly changed into my lane quick and side swipped me, he tagged me but i was able to keep the bike from falling but the girl that was riding with me wasnt so lucky.. she got spooked and fell of and got 2nd degree road rash on her stomach and arms!! Best part about this is the dumb Biatch didnt even stop to see if my passenger was alright she just kept going!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yeah, i agree there are some dumbass out there.. friday night i was driving home on the turnpike and a car just suddenly changed into my lane quick and side swipped me, he tagged me but i was able to keep the bike from falling but the girl that was riding with me wasnt so lucky.. she got spooked and fell of and got 2nd degree road rash on her stomach and arms!! Best part about this is the dumb Biatch didnt even stop to see if my passenger was alright she just kept going!!!

Suprised the bitch in the car didnt give you the finger... Ive been hearing this alot. If a person cuts me off and gives me the finger...ohhhh its on. When people around here cut you off they just look at you like "duh, what did i do". I usually throw my arm up like wtf then point at my eyes then back at them, then if im really pissed ill flip em off.

People are just so fucked up. They arent paying attention to the road. Their more worred about their cell phone convo, what their gonna get at the store(especially around holidays), ect..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Suprised the bitch in the car didnt give you the finger... Ive been hearing this alot. If a person cuts me off and gives me the finger...ohhhh its on. When people around here cut you off they just look at you like "duh, what did i do". I usually throw my arm up like wtf then point at my eyes then back at them, then if im really pissed ill flip em off.

People are just so fucked up. They arent paying attention to the road. Their more worred about their cell phone convo, what their gonna get at the store(especially around holidays), ect..
+1 I have been tempted to call the cops on them for using the phone while driving, that way they will learn. But then again I would be doing the same thing if I use the phone to call the cops :headscrat :lol: I am sure the cops wont do a thing about it anyway.

·
Registered
95 Posts

Yeah But down here in miami its like they do it almost on purpose! when im riding alone i pull up next to the car kick it and drive off! but down here they slowly turn into your lane almost like they want you to break! those cars always end up with a dented door or a broken mirror!:twofinger but im just glad my passenger didnt have internal injuries!

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
I could be wrong but I think your bike would take longer to stop than a car would. Glad you made it out of that in one piece. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that hardly anybody can drive anymore. They should make the driving test a lot more difficult IMO.
Oh, no, these bikes have a much shorter stopping distance than the average commute car, particularly on clean dry pavement. If I have to stop really fast in traffic, I'll get between the lanes and split, giving the car behind me more room to brake, and the option to rear end the car in front of him instead of me.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I have to say the only time I stop in the middle of the lane is if I know for a fact no one is behind me.

even then I only do it rarely!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Heh...actually, THATS how I realized the car was next to me instead of behind me. The car in the middle of the intersection threw it in reverse and starting backing up a little. I looked behind me to make sure I had room to back the bike up if the idiot was gonna back into me...
MSF stresses the importance of awareness of traffic behind you for this exact reason. I'm not bashing the OP, especially since I deal with a lot of the same asshat drivers as him. But, let this be a reminder to always check your mirrors when you stop.

To stress the importance of this, there is an exercise in the Military Sportbike Rider Course where the rider executes a hard brake from 35 mph, checks their mirrors, then immediately makes a "lane change" to avoid a car behind them. Just something to think about...

Hey Mike, are the drivers in St A as bad as up here in Jax? Glad to see a happy ending to this story.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MSF stresses the importance of awareness of traffic behind you for this exact reason. I'm not bashing the OP, especially since I deal with a lot of the same asshat drivers as him. But, let this be a reminder to always check your mirrors when you stop.

To stress the importance of this, there is an exercise in the Military Sportbike Rider Course where the rider executes a hard brake from 35 mph, checks their mirrors, then immediately makes a "lane change" to avoid a car behind them. Just something to think about...

Hey Mike, are the drivers in St A as bad as up here in Jax? Glad to see a happy ending to this story.
It all happened so fast. I know I should of foreseen it but I really thought the dude was gonna go through. When he didn't...it was all I could do to not lock MY brakes up. I didn't even have time to think what was behind me.

As far as the drivers in St Aug...yeah, they're bad. I think St. Aug is where all the old people go to die. I'm up in Jax pretty often though so I know what it's like up there, too...haha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.