Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
i got the smx alpine stars and they are worth every penny,hard wearing,very comfortable and a very good fit,down side not water proof and in colder weather they dont keep your feet warm enough.......:thumbup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the black vented ones

They must vent pretty well because in 40 degree morning rides, my toes feel a chilling draft. In my 80+ degree ride yesterday, my feet weren't sweaty at all.

The laces, zipper, and latch system gives gives me an invincible-like peace of mind that the skin will stay on my feet in any crash and, of course, keep my ankles from snapping to another direction.

Here are some of the cons though from my 2 months of use:
- less height versus tennis shoes. For some reason, I have to tippy toe more with these boots than my nike shox. Also, the portion of the toe is larger on the boot then the tennis shoe (tennis shoe can wedge underneath the shifter with ease. The boot, I shift with only the edge of the boot for fear of wedging my boot stuck under the shifter))

- Squeaky! My right boot is not, but my left foot is "squeak..step, squeak...step, squeak!"

- It's a bich to zip up when wearing leathers. With jeans, no biggie. But with my A* track pants, I can zip it about half way and then I have to do some crazy yoga and squeezing to get it to zip all the way.

Otherwise, worth every penny! Best deal I found was on ebay. I offered $300 shipped for a brand new set and the seller accepted my buy it now offer

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Was looking at finally buying some boots. I'm really drawn to these but I wanted to see if I can get some feedback on them if anyone has them. Can't find them under 350 except these people.

http://www.sandhillspowersports.com...50000&actn=displayproductdetails&details=show
You just need to keep looking around. I'm sure you can find them for a pretty cheap price. try www.NewEnough.com or you can ask the sponsers on this forum to see if they can hook you up. I have the teknic lighting boots right now and I'm about to buy the s-mx r alpinestar boots.

·
MPG mod
7,420 Posts
I have these and love them. Only thing i hate is the lace for some reason keeps getting askew. So when I go to tighten it its all uneven. I keep fixing it but doesn't matter. I walked around in those things for a week to break to break them in.

I got them at Motorcycle superstore and they usually offer free shipping with a $75 or higher purchase.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have these boots and have the same problem as dhwang80, when I have the boots on I have to tippy toe more but other than that they fit under my shifter fine and shift great, mine are a little big but its the closest I could get to my size. I payed $370 CAD at a local shop here which is a GOOD deal compared to the bigger dealers here in calgary. I went with these boots because they have great protection and I have had alot of local guys say they have gone down in them on the track and always walk away ok, they are definetly worth the money.:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts