Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alpinestars T-AST Air Textile Jacket

I had mentioned getting a summer jacket, since my Joe Rocket Atomic Ion is not good for summer, gets a little hot when 80 degrees and up.

I bought it from Cycle Gear in Tinley Park, Illinois for $200.00. Here is my honest opinion of it.

Pros:
-Great looks
-Color Scheme (black with white graphics/lettering)
-Fairly cool when you are moving and air gets through, even on very hot days
-Wicks moisture fairly well
-Good price/performance
-Has chest protection and armor everywhere you need it.
-Fairly lightweight

Cons:
-The zipper! It is left handed and the zipper does not even go all the way down to the bottom of the jacket. I have trouble getting it zipped up at times and it is awkward. My Joe Rocket Atomic Ion has a right hand zipper and runs all the way down to the bottom, never had issues with it. Biggest con and a stupid design! I guess if you are left handed it would be a little easier....maybe.
-Runs small. I usually wear a Large jacket, I got the XL and it barely fits. It also rides up a bit when sitting on my GSXR.
-Can get a better jacket with better fit for around the same price or less. You pay a little for the name.
-European cut. Longer arms but thinner on the chest/stomach area. I am built stocky so not a great fit for me. Better for tall/skinnier guys/gals.

Buyers remorse, no. But I think I could have done better for the price. It is a 3.5/5 for me all day long, not wonderful but good enough. I will replace it likely this year or next.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts