Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
This is why you don't ride like an idiot when not properly geared either.

"(In shorts and t-shirt!!!) I made it to pay the lady but never made it home. Well, not until 26 days later. The cause of the wreck is still a blur to me, but not the crash and the aftermath.

I think I was traveling around 100 mph on the interstate, because I told the police I was doing 70 - 90"

Lets see here, we should do over 100 while in shorts and a Tshirt!! good thinking dumbass.

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
skibum91 said:
This is why you don't ride like an idiot when not properly geared either.

"(In shorts and t-shirt!!!) I made it to pay the lady but never made it home. Well, not until 26 days later. The cause of the wreck is still a blur to me, but not the crash and the aftermath.

I think I was traveling around 100 mph on the interstate, because I told the police I was doing 70 - 90"

Lets see here, we should do over 100 while in shorts and a Tshirt!! good thinking dumbass.

hahaha i always see the cruisers on their bikes on the fwy in tee shirts and shorts

·
Registered
10 Posts
The least i wear on my bike is a pair of jeans but i will always wear my leather jacket no matter how hot it is but having said that its alot hotter for you guys in America! :headscrat

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
yeah when i read this i said to myself "RETARDS, never ride without leathers, SMART people just be careful if you do"

this guy was a complete moron......fuck him and his dumbass story
i ride in just jeans and a t-shirt on city streets on hot days and really just CRUISE..never go faster than 60 (and thats on complete open road)....havent even came close to hittin shit...granted its the road that can get ya too, but i'll take that risk and ride like a responsible person..i dont see HALF as many wreck stories about harley guys riding in just jeans and a t-shirt....MAYBE cuz most of them dont haul ass everywhere :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
usdm420 said:
MAYBE cuz most of them dont haul ass everywhere :thumbup:
Theres another misconception right there, just cuz your on a sport bike doesn't mean your going to wreck if your going fast. It means the person that wrecked, if they were inexperienced would have wrecked anyways. I've registered over 186mph on public roads before and I'm still here alive, I even hit a damn rabbit at 165mph, but I didn't panic like most retard new riders would. It has nothing to do with speed, its had to do with people not having common sense and not paying attention when they are going fast. :thefinger

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
exactly!!!
altho i didnt mean you'd wreck if you went fast, but most jackasses on sportbikes that DO wreck were either hauling ass, stunting, or both.....harley guys hardly do either.

people might say i'm dumb but i've hit 165 in jeans n t-shirt down the 210 (complete straightaway) in the carpool lane (no traffic what-so-ever)
and i'm fine, just fine

i wont do it again but everything went a-ok hahaha

i bet this clown hit 100+ and someone changed lanes and he slammed into them or some stupid shit like that

·
Registered
53 Posts
i know you guys have heard this before but id rather sweat in my leathers than bleed without them any day

70-90 in t shirt and shorts....nice

·
Registered
124 Posts
Leathers almost took me out, believe it or not. I forgot to zip my sleeves up and hit 180, all of the sudden, my sleeves filled with air. Gave me some wicked speed wobbles, but I let off the throttle and stayed calm and she came right back under me. I have to say, I've probably gone too fast without leathers, but I try to wear them as much as possible.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
motochick said:
usdm420

It's like you've never heard that.....

It's not IF you go down, it's WHEN.

DUH! :hammer:

bah.....tell that to the old dudes that i work with that have been riding harley's for 30+ years

1 - 13 of 13 Posts