Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Am I too big for a GSX-R750 SRAD?

3K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  justink750 
#1 ·
hey guys, I'm just wondering, I'm about 6'4 and I weigh in and around the 240 pound area, and I want a 1996-1999 GSX-R750 SRAD, but I'm super paranoid that I might be too big for it, and that I might look like a monkey F**king a football !! Haha!

I've also got a girlfriend who weighs about 125, and I want her to come on as well, but I'm worried we might weigh down the bike?? Combined weight of around 360-370...

Also, kind of off topic, but do you guys know of any great Canadian Insurance Brokers?? I can't get a quote for under $10,000 a year...Which is outrageous...Anyways, thanks guys, have a great day!

#5 ·
you're not too big for any bike, engine size is a non issue. The new 1000s dimension wise aren't much different than a 600 and they actually sit lower. You can adjust things such as bar position and rearset position to help with your height though if it's a problem. Only issue is you might have to buy some things. The size of a person shouldn't be how they decide what engine size bike they buy. A 600 would get the job done just fine for what you are asking.

#6 ·
hey guys, I'm just wondering, I'm about 6'4 and I weigh in and around the 240 pound area, and I want a 1996-1999 GSX-R750 SRAD, but I'm super paranoid that I might be too big for it, and that I might look like a monkey F**king a football !! Haha!

I've also got a girlfriend who weighs about 125, and I want her to come on as well, but I'm worried we might weigh down the bike?? Combined weight of around 360-370...
The SRADS are actually bigger then the current crop of bikes. If anything you would look like a monkey f**king a football on a newer bike.
In regards to power--any bike is going to be slowed by having 2 people on it. As long as you keep the rpm's up you wont have any problems with power (they put out ballpark 115 HP at the rear wheel which is about 10 more than current 600's and weigh in about the same (395 lbs dry).
They are great bikes and were a favorite on the track in their day--enjoy!

#7 ·
$10,000 !!!

As others have said size wise you should be fine. But don't expect to win any races. Especially with the two of you on it. I can notice the difference when alone vs with a passenger.

But, $10,000 for insurance, Holy Batman, Mackerel!

I only pay $1,000/yr (Geico). But then again I'm over 50 and we all know that age, location and engine size/type will make a big difference. I would keep shopping.

#11 ·
also if you are looking for a good insurance company, try primmum insurance(canada life casualty) I am paying about $400 a year for full coverage on a k7 1000. I started out with them in 2001 and have been accident free though. I also packaged my trucks, car and house through them as well. when i signed up with my first bike they were 1/2 the price of anyone else. the only stipilation is that they want a really good alarm put on, if it doesn't have a chipped key like newer bikes.:thumbup:

#12 ·
bro ... (if your still reading this thread) my boy is 6'3" he has a 2007 ninja 600. that shit is smaller then the 750 gix... and he looks fine on it. he had the same problem but he got over it when he saw all the numbers from the ladies he was getting lol. anyway.. with riding 2up its normal to lose a little power bec its not only the weight but where its located in the back so now your bike has to "pull" the passenger along as well.

#13 ·
I have a friend who runs about 6' 6" or better, and he HAS to go about 350, solid muscle. He's a monster, and a 600 Kawasaki scared him. The engine is a non-issue. Of course, with his rather abnormal size, he's big on anything, but he fits well on his new 1000, I guess. He says he's comfortable, but as far as looks go he doesn't look huge compared to his bike. Like the others said, the older ones are even bigger ,you should be okay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.