Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a 2007 GSXR 750 from Bert's Mega Mall in Azusa California. Bike had 656miles on it when I towed it off the lot (live about 100 something miles from the place) I have ridden the bike 3 times since I bought I have put about 75 miles on the bike. Tonight was a very cool night out (I live by the beach) and I put about 45 of those miles on the bike tonight. After riding for awhile (never going above 65-70mph, but staying around 50mph) my bike started to overheat with the light coming on and my temp around 256. I pulled over and let the bike sit for about 10-15mins and it cooled down to about 220, I then rode home about 1mile to my house. Where I was sitting cooling it down I noticed a big puddle of my coolant. I came home and ripped off the fairing to check the levels and take a look at what I found (see pictures)

The sales person mentioned to me that the previous owner had dropped this bike in a truck while moving it and had to replace the fairing, my guess is it was the right one and it bent the hell out of the radiator. I can't even remove the cap, not to mention I found a bunch of hair in the cap (see pics) Can someone tell me if I am tripping or if this looks bent to you.

Thanks!!!

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,586 Posts
Well it looks like the cap is not on correct, it also looks like the filler on the radiator could be bent. I looked at mine and it is straight and the cap sits lower you can't see any of the radiator filler neck where the cap screws on. But I have a 1K but I think the filler neck would look the same when the cap is installed correctly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it looks like the cap is not on correct, it also looks like the filler on the radiator could be bent. I looked at mine and it is straight and the cap sits lower you can't see any of the radiator filler neck where the cap screws on. But I have a 1K but I think the filler neck would look the same when the cap is installed correctly.
yea this thing is jacked for sure I cant even get the cap off of the bike

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like they got the cap jammed on there. If you get it off maybe you can get it on correctly?
This shit is going back to the dealer and they are replacing the entire radiator, this is BULLSHIT!! I mean I have more zoomed in pictures where you can see hair that looks to be around the cap/in the tank, wtf is that!? I apparently had to pay $350 for a dealer 50 point inspection and this is what I get, how is that overlooked?

·
Registered
894 Posts
This shit is going back to the dealer and they are replacing the entire radiator, this is BULLSHIT!! I mean I have more zoomed in pictures where you can see hair that looks to be around the cap/in the tank, wtf is that!? I apparently had to pay $350 for a dealer 50 point inspection and this is what I get, how is that overlooked?
Thats some sorry ass mechanics. :headshake

·
rotaredom
9,582 Posts
i would have the hair analized by a lab, bet its deer or some kind of animal hair that the previous owner slammed into...not because it fell over in the back of a truck..and that my good man is why the fairings where replaced

I totaly CSI'd this fucking thread folks...there ya have it

disclaimer..."my good man" is a registered trademark of Member SDOG that uses that phrase in every post, and i had his written permission to use it :rofl:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
i would have the hair analized by a lab, bet its deer or some kind of animal hair that the previous owner slammed into...not because it fell over in the back of a truck..and that my good man is why the fairings where replaced

I totaly CSI'd this fucking thread folks...there ya have it

disclaimer..."my good man" is a registered trademark of Member SDOG that uses that phrase in every post, and i had his written permission to use it :rofl:

Yea that bike didn't fall over in a truck! There's no way that would happen, I've seen bikes that have just "fallen over" and they didn't get fugged up like that radiator did! But you if they charged you $350 for an inspection then you got RIPPED! Make them replace the radiator and then get the $350 back for them CLEARLY missing something as obvious as this! And then call the Better Business Bureau

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ya if they supposedly did a 50 pt inspection they should of found that. I bet they never even took the fairings off to inspect rad/coolant thou. Being that its used, I hope the dealer dosnt try to give you shit and not fix it. Good luck man!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha I love the CSI, report, actually makes me wonder cause shit is really weird. You would think getting a bike from a very well known dealer, you wouldn't get this shit. They say they are going to take care of me. I am going to notch the radiator to make sure it is replaced, then going to raise hell on my $350 once its replaced. Ughh so mad! First bike, only got to ride it a couple days and now its garaged :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya if they supposedly did a 50 pt inspection they should of found that. I bet they never even took the fairings off to inspect rad/coolant thou. Being that its used, I hope the dealer dosnt try to give you shit and not fix it. Good luck man!
Shit used! Damn thing only had 656 miles on it! Thanks for the good luck, its a good thing I have a client who is a large law firm ;) and I already let Bert's know this.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I agree... neck is bent, cap is screwed up. Prob why it got hot... it couldnt build any pressure. Did you smell antifreeze while you were riding or stopped on the side of the road?

I HATE taking my shit to have it worked on. I usually do everything myself but sometimes you gotta take it somewhere. People just dont give a shit and they just wanna get the job done as quick as possible. Dont trust no one with your stuff!!

Do exactly as you said.. make em fix it, get your money back. Maybe before you go, take a good look at your bike and see if they missed anything else. Then once you get it back home...check it over and make sure they did the work correctly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
grrr I am so mad at this place, I am thinking I am going to just call American Express and get my money back and just leave the bike with these idiots!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
They trying to hassle you about fixing it? Pretty damn shitty if they sold you a bike that wont even run without overheating, and ontop of that charge you for a $350 50pt "inspection".

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea they are idiots, they are horrible as far as this goes, good thing I paid for a 50 point inspection and even had the sales manager tell me a few times they go over these bikes twice, but how the hell do you over look this!!

They should be kissing my ass, instead the service manager is trying to get me to admit to buying a bike that I knew was dropped, and they are mad at the sales guys for telling me it was dropped.

Makes me truly wonder what the hell happened to this bike, I am worried it has been crashed!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ya I would imagine It would take more then just dropping the bike in the back of a truck to bend the neck on the radiator. Have you concluded that the stuff around the neck really is hair? Kinda hard to tell from the pics. If it is hair then I bet the guy definatly hit some animal. I would think if he hit a deer good enough to do that to the radiator and cap, it would of just totaled the front end. From the pics it dosnt really look like deer hair, but its hard to say really.

Those idiots at the dealer should atleast be responsible for putting a new rad in. They freaking sold you a bike that cant even be run without over heating. Thats rediculous. They obvilusly never ran the motor very long the whole time they had it, or they would know it had cooling system issues. Have you found anything else wrong with it that would indicate it ran into an animal or something?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well def no other damage that I can see, so how he hit something is weird to me, looks like human hair too, so who knows. Wish I could talk to the original owner.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.