Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hop in my car this morning on the way to work and as I look to my left to admire my 5 month old 05 750.... yea you guessed it it was gone.

*%$#er's is all I can say. But I did have theft insurance and did have the erge to trade up for a 06 1000 next year anyway.

So now I am on a 30 day hold to see if these cops can find my bike and I get the insurance money. Then it's off to the dealer to pick up another bike.

I am po'ed but I learned the hard way not to be lazy and put the bike in the garage next time.

·
Registered
829 Posts
fger00 said:
So I hop in my car this morning on the way to work and as I look to my left to admire my 5 month old 05 750.... yea you guessed it it was gone.

*%$#er's is all I can say. But I did have theft insurance and did have the erge to trade up for a 06 1000 next year anyway.

So now I am on a 30 day hold to see if these cops can find my bike and I get the insurance money. Then it's off to the dealer to pick up another bike.

I am po'ed but I learned the hard way not to be lazy and put the bike in the garage next time.
That sucks man. I am 8 days into the 30 day wait. My problem is I don't have a garage, so I am going to have to take other precautions...AND the 2004 black and orange was the bike I wanted and had all the mods done to it......

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I am hopping that they will cover the mods I did luckly I didn't go to crazy yet.
extras lost:
D&D slip on
smoke screen
tank protector
frame sliders
zenon bulbs
and the bastards took my $120.00 bike cover that was on the bike.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the worst part is that 30 day waiting period to get my money back, All I can think of is all those wasted summer days. I wont have another bike till after labor day.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Man you guys make me parinoid to leave my bike outside ever!

·
Registered
829 Posts
fger00 said:
I think the worst part is that 30 day waiting period to get my money back, All I can think of is all those wasted summer days. I wont have another bike till after labor day.
It sounds to me like you were not really attached to your last bike and that is a good thing (you are already thinking about a new one), but I am just fuckin' devasted as that was the first bike I personally owned and put my heart and soul into it. I don't really want a new bike, I want my old one back. Sorry fucking thieves.

·
The Lone Rider
2,462 Posts
man i have to keep my bike outside and right now my truck isnt working i think there is a really bad electrical problem with it so my only means of transportation is my bike. and you guys got me thinking what if someone took that? i would be screwed. i dont remember that lady asking me if i wanted theft coverage. i need to find out.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
get theft coverage, alarm, wheel locks, chains and watever else you can, to bolt it down. but no matter what you do if someone wants it bad enough, chances are they will get it.

robertedwingsxr - actualy I was very attached to this bike but chosing to look to the future and not dwelling in the past is my way of getting through this. believe me if I could have last night back that bike would be safe in my garage and I probaly wouldn't ever think of trading it in.

·
Registered
829 Posts
fger00 said:
robertedwingsxr - actualy I was very attached to this bike but chosing to look to the future and not dwelling in the past is my way of getting through this. believe me if I could have last night back that bike would be safe in my garage and I probaly wouldn't ever think of trading it in.
yeah at some point I guess I have to, but everyday I have to come home and look at that empty parking spot and its very difficult..........but you are right.....

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Sorry to hear about another bike being stolen........ :headshake don't these assholes know they are puting their life in danger messing with someone's prized possession!!! :2hard I am paranoid.............whenever I go somewhere, I try not to let my bike out of my sight. I wish both of you guys luck and hope you get NEW wheels soon. :thumbup:

·
Registered
159 Posts
fger00 said:
get theft coverage, alarm, wheel locks, chains and watever else you can, to bolt it down. but no matter what you do if someone wants it bad enough, chances are they will get it.
dang.. sorry for your loss.. but its true your best bet is getting theft coverage cuz with all the locks, chains and alarm, if they want it they will take it. My friend had a k5 750 just like yours. Went to the supermarket, parked and locked it, went in, came back out in 5 minutes and it was gone..

·
Registered
360 Posts
I just got insurance coverage on my 04 1000 and I can finally sleep well at night at my girlfriends apartment. I got comprehensive for $325 a year which covers theft, fire and vandalism and medical coverage for her for a total of $900 a year. Two of my friends just got their bikes stolen within the last 3 months and I can't afford to lose mine...

I hope everyone gets there bikes back and that the theives all die a most horrible death. :thumbup:

·
Registered
997 Posts
fger00 said:
+1 thats what I would do to, I mean there is nothing else you can really do unless you wanna sit on your ass and cry about stolen bike. And I'm attached to my bike to. I have garage, so the only time I leave bike outside is on the way to store or something like that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
gixxerbrendan said:
I just got insurance coverage on my 04 1000 and I can finally sleep well at night at my girlfriends apartment. I got comprehensive for $325 a year which covers theft, fire and vandalism :
whaa?? 325 a year? i havent seen a quote for under 4000 a year, and i finally have 0 points.

·
Registered
40 Posts
fger00 said:

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope I never have to go through that, fortunately I park my bike in my garage and purchased extra theft insurance through the dealer.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Originally Posted by gixxerbrendan
I just got insurance coverage on my 04 1000 and I can finally sleep well at night at my girlfriends apartment. I got comprehensive for $325 a year which covers theft, fire and vandalism :

g5xr1 said:
whaa?? 325 a year? i havent seen a quote for under 4000 a year, and i finally have 0 points.

Thats just for comprehensive, not collision. Once the insurance companies tack on the automatic liability and the medical I got for my passenger it was $900 a year. The collision was something like $2600 a year, I'm not going to pay more for insurance than I paid for the bike...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.