Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seems to be a popular thread lately.. i currently have a yoshi rs3 ti bolt on on my 04 1k. looks great , but way toooo quiet. ive been looking into full systems (probally akrapovic evolution)..but very pricy right now, money a little tight, and on there web sight they show its still only like 97 db. im not looking for ridiculaslly loud (im waiting for everyone to say put on a d+d) or a raspy sound. i want deep throatly loud..kinda like the yosh but louder.. my first question is... if i put the race baffle in my bolt on, how much louder will it be, and will it change the tone?, also on my old kerker and vance&hines i was able to remove the baffle and cap and run it open, has anyone tried this with the yosh? and lastly, i saw a post on gixxer.com about a guy who cut down the size of his can , has anyone tried this? i looked at my can and it looks like i can shorten it by 4 in and keep the hanger etc. i know this will undoubtably mess up the performance of it, the bike has enough power to loose a couple, but im wondering what type of sound change there will be? sorry for such long question but just curious...thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
I whould not recomend cutting the pipe. maby re moving the baffels. If you cut the pipe it will probably sound like shit and a lot of backfire and probably have a flame thower on the back of your bike. I put a straight pipe on my R1 and was loud as hell but I had to ride around with ear plugs under my helment. The M4 makes quite a bit of sound and is pretty cheap for a full system. I went with A devil full system and is suppost to be around 120db. I came with a big ass sticker saying for off road use only and the db reading 115-130db

·
Registered
284 Posts
2004gsxr1000 said:
seems to be a popular thread lately.. i currently have a yoshi rs3 ti bolt on on my 04 1k. looks great , but way toooo quiet. ive been looking into full systems (probally akrapovic evolution)..but very pricy right now, money a little tight, and on there web sight they show its still only like 97 db. im not looking for ridiculaslly loud (im waiting for everyone to say put on a d+d) or a raspy sound. i want deep throatly loud..kinda like the yosh but louder.. my first question is... if i put the race baffle in my bolt on, how much louder will it be, and will it change the tone?, also on my old kerker and vance&hines i was able to remove the baffle and cap and run it open, has anyone tried this with the yosh? and lastly, i saw a post on gixxer.com about a guy who cut down the size of his can , has anyone tried this? i looked at my can and it looks like i can shorten it by 4 in and keep the hanger etc. i know this will undoubtably mess up the performance of it, the bike has enough power to loose a couple, but im wondering what type of sound change there will be? sorry for such long question but just curious...thanks

I have one word for you
Akrapovic

·
Registered
217 Posts
Miladin runs the pipe on his bike aprox 4in shorter than the way it comes. with a power commander and a custom map you should be ok. .. also beware that alot of law enforcement types are really cracking down on loud pipes... not on harley's mind you but real hard on sportbikes. also some tracks like jennings are imposing a db limit on track bikes as well. just food for thought.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BallHawk3 said:
you want a loud exhaust? Yosh TRS with race baffles!

Thats a mean ass sounding exhaust. I love the sound, a mean vicious growl. I love it. Others complain its too loud. :fu:
how much louder is the trs vs the rs3? will the trs baffle work in my rs3?

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
If your going with Yosh go with the R&D versions they are abit ouder but if your wanting deeper sounding vs high pitch you would need to goto a round canister versus oval

·
Banned
105 Posts
I have an 03 gixxer 1K and really love my full Arata system. Not real loud when just tooling around, but give it a little fuel and she will get your attention real quick.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all your input, does anybody know how much louder/differnt the evolution akrapovic is compared to the rs3 yosh? also what is the "r&D" versions of the yosh? i didnt see anything like that when i looked.thanks rick

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Yosh RS- Racing street
Yosh RD- racing development (not sure on the d part been a while)
Yosh R&D is a not for the road usage basically a track one cause of the baffle setup not much

The AKies are much quieter than these system yosh and since ya wanting loud you may wanna go with rd yosh or D&D or Muzzy. I think someone said goto a place and listen to diffrent pipes,but its gonna be hard as sounding of pipes change per speed of bike and such. good luck on your quest.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all yuor replies. i priced out a akrapovic evolution system with a ti can today, got 1565.00 (1640ish otd)..any body know a place that may sell them for less? that seem like a lot of cash for something im hoping will be loud enough..lol

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
found the best price on the akrapovic at pipecity.com.. 1435.00 shipped. still al little too much for me right now...mayby down the road some..
gonna try to play with the baffle in mine to see if i can get some noise from it..lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
ebay

i noticed that there are few exhaust on ebay for gsxrs might want to check it out

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
osugsxr said:
i noticed that there are few exhaust on ebay for gsxrs might want to check it out
ya i been watching there, i was sooo pissed i missed a akrapovic evolution full system with a teclusion fi system that went for 810.00 missed it by 1/2 hour!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the trs on my 04 1000.....Love it!! It's plenty loud, and everyone I know says they like it better than some of the others because it tends to have more bass to it than some of them. It's loud, but not so loud that it's annoying.

·
Registered
258 Posts
e

yeah same here i have a TRS slip on on my 04 1000 and i like it it growls in low gears and you can here it about 3 miles away when your running 170+ :arsenal or so ive been told :rofl:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I have a full rs-3 on my 00 750, sounds wicked loud, but I don't have a lot to compare it to, love the sound of it though

·
Registered
55 Posts
my neighbor

has the same pipe if you just got it give it time to break in it gets louder with time. I have a two bros pipe and when i first got it it was a little on the quiet side but after a couple hundred miles it got louder

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey everybody..still not sure what im gonna do, ive got about a 1000 mi on the pipe, still not much louder than when it was new.. i opened up the can and played around with differnt setups of no wrap around the baffle, no baffle, made my own baffle...got some sound out it with new baffle but not quite the sound im looking for. ive narrowed it down to the evolution, arata, hindle, or a race yosh..so basicly still have no idea...lol, trying to find some dyno numbers on all of these pipes to see which one will give the most power over the entire rpm range not just peak hp and loose lots of low/mid. any body have any of these pipes and have had there bikes dynoed? how about sound??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts