Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All this time I was thinking my 01 750 had a full Micron exhaust on it. Well as I was looking around online today I have noticed that it possible came stock with a black coated exhaust header and midpipe (which are one piece). Is there a way I can tell for sure it's the stock header? Did Micron ever sell a black coated full exhaust system? The main reason I want to know is because I want to sell it and get the Devil exhaust and I need to know what to sell it as. I just got the bike last July that's why I am not sure on the matter.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Yes, a full system will usually have multiple pieces, and also a quick way to tell is do the headers have springs attaching to the exhaust manifolds? The stock ones dont have springs, and as far as I know almost all aftermarkets do.

I have never seen a black aftermarket header though

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
It is most likely stock header, Unless they had it ceramic coated, but then it should be seperate pieces, so I'm gonna go with stock.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
HEY can you send me a picture of that pipe you have. I am looking for one thanks.
If not I may sell my Micron 1/2 system high mount with passenger pegs assembly

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
audi1031 said:
HEY can you send me a picture of that pipe you have. I am looking for one thanks.
If not I may sell my Micron 1/2 system high mount with passenger pegs assembly
I am not sure how to post pics on here so I sent them to your email. Let me know if you need more.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thapp said:
hey i have an 01 750 to and i'm pretty sure that its the stock header with just a slip-on my header is black as well
I think your right. All this time I've been thinking it's a full system. I don't know why Suzuki made the headers black?? I don't like that look myself. I am glad I caught it when I did though. I was about to start selling it as a full system!! Somebody would have been pissed!! :boxing:

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
gixxer=god said:
I think your right. All this time I've been thinking it's a full system. I don't know why Suzuki made the headers black?? I don't like that look myself. I am glad I caught it when I did though. I was about to start selling it as a full system!! Somebody would have been pissed!! :boxing:
but you woulda been happy :lol:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BallHawk3 said:
but you woulda been happy :lol:
Not once that pissed off somebody told me I was wrong!! That would've been a bad situation. I am just glad I caught it in time to avoid it!!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just one more question. I am putting a 02 1K header with a Devil Shotgun slipon on my 01 750. Does anyone know where I can get the map for my PCII?? I have heard that I could use the Yoshimura map. Is this true??

·
Registered
88 Posts
yea i dont like the black look either i got a buddy here that is gooing to powder coat it silver for next to nothing , i thought about putting on a full system but a mechanic freind told me not to waste my money he said you dont pick up much going from a slip on to a full system so i put 1tooth down on front just put on a tre and i have a powwer comander coming soon i think that will make it fast enough for now

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
[ i thought about putting on a full system but a mechanic freind told me not to waste my money he said you dont pick up much going from a slip on to a full system

I think that your buddy has been mis-informed because you pick up power and more Torque with a full exhaust system just not like earth shattering hp increase Never the less you pick up some and when you have that plus your power commander ya got something that you can feel.

Even if you decide not to go with the full exhaust you do still have options:
If you look at the newer 02 and 03 GSXR 750 exhaust they are stainless steel.
If you need a picture of one I can take one for you and also its lighter than the 00 heavy exhaust.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
audi1031 said:
[ i thought about putting on a full system but a mechanic freind told me not to waste my money he said you dont pick up much going from a slip on to a full system

I think that your buddy has been mis-informed because you pick up power and more Torque with a full exhaust system just not like earth shattering hp increase Never the less you pick up some and when you have that plus your power commander ya got something that you can feel.

Even if you decide not to go with the full exhaust you do still have options:
If you look at the newer 02 and 03 GSXR 750 exhaust they are stainless steel.
If you need a picture of one I can take one for you and also its lighter than the 00 heavy exhaust.
The Full system will give you about double the power that a slip on would give you.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gixxer=god said:
Just one more question. I am putting a 02 1K header with a Devil Shotgun slipon on my 01 750. Does anyone know where I can get the map for my PCII?? I have heard that I could use the Yoshimura map. Is this true??
Anybody have any ideas on this??

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
skibum91 said:
The Full system will give you about double the power that a slip on would give you.

That is what i was saying that person mechanic must be out of the loop somewhere.

GSXRGOD - What you can do about the map situation is to try all the maps and see which works best for you (your very own seat dyno)
Your best bet is to goto a shop and get it dynoed and keep the maps or tell him to save all the data he taken to a floppy then you can go from there.

Many of the maps on the power commander site are great maps they are decent maps to get by with

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.