Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this here and I want everybody who will to pray for Shane Calvert. He is a good friend of mine and he crashed last night. I don't see him much but he is a great guy. I've known his girlfriend for 6 or 7 years now. A few of you met him at Barber this year. I was actually on tv with him the first year of Barber on that Sunday. We were sitting on the backstretch and he was talking to a friend of his on the phone who told him to look left. The camera was pointed right at us and he told us we were on tv. He rides a R1 that he just got right before Barber this year. He used to have a R6. He was riding last night with some friends and hit a gaurdrail or a column on a bridge in a sharp turn. He broke both his legs, almost all of his ribs and he has fluid on his brain. He can't be operated on until he gets better. His condition is too bad right now. He is unconscious but there is hope. Please pray for him.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got an update. He hit a car not a gaurdrail. I don't know the info but I'm going to look for it. He has hemoraging (sp?) in his head and they have put a tube in to drain the blood. He has a trach tube so he can breathe. Both his legs are crushed. I will post a link if I can find out what happened. He is in real bad shape right now.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just found out what exactly happened when he wrecked. He was going down the interstate at around 100 mph which we all know isn't that fast on a bike. He hit a large spot of loose gravel and went sideways into a gaurdrail. It split the bike in half. His whole lower part of his body is crushed. He has a punctured lung and hemmorhaging in his brain. The next 72 hours are critical. I can't stand this shit. Somebody please buy my bike so I can get a track bike. I don't want to ride the streets anymore. I was riding 100 mph wheelies last night and doing over 150 mph. It could have easily been me. Be safe out there.

·
Registered
569 Posts
my prayers are with him and his family! These things happen so fast, one little slip can take your life! and it dosent have to be you that makes the slip either

·
Registered
164 Posts
Be careful guys........... Makes my heart sink when i hear of these accidents...... I lost my best friend in a high speed roll over 2 years ago... I walked away with a few scratches.... Now i never ride or drive like its stolen

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I was with a group of like 25 guys last saturday night on this 3 lane highway but it's really twisty, I was stayingin the back with a couple of my friends while the group blasted up ahead. We go around this one corner kinda slow cause we all know that it gets tighter up ahead, and as I'm in the no-so-tight section I see my friend flying up from the back of the group in the left lane. He didn't realize the road got tighter, then it did, he started to drift to the right and I saw his brake lights go on, as soon as he got on the brakes he straightened right up and went into a curb, the bike flipped into a car that was on an onramp getting onto the highway while he flew off, skidded across the grass, then the onramp, and got lodged underneath the guardrail. I was the first one there and I thought for sure he was dead, but he regained conciousness a few minutes later and ended up not too bad.
Ton's of road-rash (t-shirt, shorts, and sneakers) a broken forearm and 3 broken ribs.

That really messed me up though, I road home what usually is a 25 minute ride in almost 45 minutes, I was so paranoid the whole time, put my bike away and just got drunk. I've been out on my bike once since then and was paranoid the whole 5 minutes. I think I'm going to ride again in a few days, I don't want to give it up but we'll see what happens. But I guess it's a risk we all take, knowing that something could happen at anytime.
I hope your friend pulls through, we're all pulling for him

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.