Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has stuffed a 1000 powerplant into a 600 frame, and if so what are the pros and cons. I guess it's a little too late to turn back now since I have my 1000 engine on order.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
are you draggin it or just normal street use?

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
I'd also suggest getting a braced swingarm, like off a 750 or 1000!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well see, that guy has like a 2002 or something more modern. I think I remember him saying way back that if he could, he would have kept his old SRAD. Plus he has a 750 sleeper. Mine will be a 600 modified. I want to know some pros and cons.

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
well me and my friend own a couple of sleeper bikes and if your just getting it just for normal usage then:

Cons:
*When it comes time to sell it if you have a 600 with 1000 motor in it then don't expect to sell it for what a 1k sells or close

* When insuring bike remember its a 600 or 750 and if it is total your only getting what the frame is stamped for.

Pros:
*Cheaper insurance
*Watching the faces on unsuspecting people
*Win Money
*Something different

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
what year is your bike now?

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Now No i wouldn't go back to older style.That was just because I was comparing old 750 to new 750 and what i done to that 750 (srad ) was well over what the new generation 750 had.
The comfort level because i am 6'2 is better then the newer one because you sit into the bike versus new ones you seem to be on top of bike

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
the new gen motors will fit in the old ones ?

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
skibum91 said:
the new gen motors will fit in the old ones ?
You remember that green GSXR750 that is in the for sale section? That one had a 01 GSXR 1000 motor in it. Only way you could tell was by the 1k clutch cover. Goto the for sale section and if you can't find it i will post some pictures of it. If I had choice of

96 SRAD style bike with 1000 vs New generation with 1k motor I would take the Srad with the 1k motor based on Insurance,Creativity,sleeper,and the comfort

·
Registered
367 Posts
hey what year model 750 motor could i squeez in to my 2000 600 ? what all would i have to change to get me a 600 750 sleeper! this will not happen soon i just droped 1500 in to it, but could be a project for the futer you know hit me back this could be a cool thing

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
oggy said:
I'm interested in this too, I want to buy a real trick SRAD 750 (for sale in the Philippines), but need the K series power output for racing (in the Philippines), any one have a definate answer?

Saying srad 750 dont mean shit. What year? As I said before, they all are srads.

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
They may all be srad,but when you say srad a person is meaning anything from 96-99 GSXR 750 because that is what Suzuki was using as a new design/sales pitchSUZUKI RAM AIR DIRECT and the newer bikes are have it its not the main selling point of the bike.

Back to the post at hand If you decide to do this it will be a well worth investment that you can call your own.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well maybe they are all SRAD's, but commonly if you refer to an SRAD it means the mother with the big hump for a seat. If I call a breaker for spares and say it's an SRAD I get the right spares, so whatever anyone says I'll keep calling that model an SRAD.... :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.