Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought a new set of rims with new tire on them. So all i have to do is take the old ones off and put on the new rims and tires. Do i need a special tool for the front axel? Let me know if you have any tips or heads up on the install to make it easier.

thanks again
brian

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thor32766 said:
I have bought a new set of rims with new tire on them. So all i have to do is take the old ones off and put on the new rims and tires. Do i need a special tool for the front axel? Let me know if you have any tips or heads up on the install to make it easier.

thanks again
brian

hi! he exist a jack call bull dog for the front its easy to use .

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Thor32766 said:

thanks again
brian
What year bike do you have. If its a 00 then I know that is takes a 24mm front socket to get it off. If its 01+ then you need a 17mm(i belive) allen wrench. Motion Pro makes a tool to get the front axel out, its like $20 I think.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Yea, your going to need to lossen the pinch bolts on the right side only(sitting on the bike) and then remove the 4 caliper bolts, and the you can loosen the axel with a large allen wrench.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.