Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im lookin to buy a gsxr soon. im savin money right now and im not too sure what im gettin myself into. If anyone could tell me good/bad years to buy/not buy and stuff like what i should pay for like a 02'. i will have the money in a few months and am trying to learn a few things before i go out lookin... i used to ride quads and this is a lil different. if you could give me any advise on WHAT TO LOOK FOR when i go look at bikes that'd be totally sweet. anythings is much appreciated:)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
ANY gsx-r will be fine! :thumbup:

but the miles on the bike also help to shape the price. you can always go to a dealership and check out the prices, check online sites and check craigslist. thats more local and you'll get prices

gotta do the research :thumbup: good luck

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I found my bike on craigslist list August. So you might want to look there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
this is all great information but, let people make their own mind up on their first bike, if someone has a good head on their shoulders then they should be fine no matter what they ride my first bike is a gsx-r 600 srad i honestly think that if i had bought a 250 eerrr something like that i would of hurt my self by now juat for the fact that i wouldnt have that fear in the back of my head, what evea you choose just remember not to ride past your abilitys and everything will be fine.:thumbup: on the gsx-r dont buy a new one thats all i have to say.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i had a gsxr 600 as my first bike, and i was fine. just be careful and dont use the full potential of the bike right away get used to it and ride often, but carefully. i dont think u want to be seen on a ninja 250, i'd rather ride my huffy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i think im still gonna aim for a gsxr6. ive ridden quads and big dirtbikes all my life like i had a trx250r and a crf450r so i dont think power will be too much of an issue. plus im not a dumbass when i ride either. just kinda wondering what a deceant price is to pay for a bike in the AZ area. i know you get what you pay for but i dont know if i can wait that much longer lmao...the bug is gettin to me and i just want somethin to hop on. i just know that people sell shit when its gonna crash on them which is what worries me.

is there any noises that a bike makes that i should listen for when looking for a bike? cuz i dont wanna get a bike and then have it shit on me and have to put a ton of $ into it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.