Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ride here from boulder colorado?? I think im gonna move there in the next year or so and just wondering if there is a good riding scene out there?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I graduated from the University Of Colorado in Boulder.
Its a great town. Not many riding days, but the ones that are rideable are great. Now I'm in Hawaii 365 days of pure bliss. :bounce

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I graduated from the University Of Colorado in Boulder.
Its a great town. Not many riding days, but the ones that are rideable are great. Now I'm in Hawaii 365 days of pure bliss. :bounce
I looked at the weather and it looked like there was an 8 month period to ride? Does it rain a lot or is it cold or what? It might change my decision about moving there hahaha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Boulder

The riding season is about ten months, and as far as quality goes. Right against the mountains! I don't think one minute away from some of the best canyon riding in the country is bad! I live in denver, and that is the direction I go when the bike needs to stretch it's legs. Absolutely unbelievable. More choices than you can shake a stick at! Plus there is a new track one hour away on I-70 that is a blast(and full track days are pretty reasonable). High Plains Raceway. 2.5 mile track.
Definitely gets some crazy weather, but when the skies are clear.... You will not be disappointed in the riding. But the cost of living is a different story. Most people commute.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The riding season is about ten months, and as far as quality goes. Right against the mountains! I don't think one minute away from some of the best canyon riding in the country is bad! I live in denver, and that is the direction I go when the bike needs to stretch it's legs. Absolutely unbelievable. More choices than you can shake a stick at! Plus there is a new track one hour away on I-70 that is a blast(and full track days are pretty reasonable). High Plains Raceway. 2.5 mile track.
Definitely gets some crazy weather, but when the skies are clear.... You will not be disappointed in the riding. But the cost of living is a different story. Most people commute.
Is denver cheaper or like louisville or something?? I'm def headed to Colorado for sure, just trying to figure out where I'm gonna end up.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why do you want to live in Colorado?
I've always wanted to live there. I love the mountains and skiing and everything like that. Always loved offroading and mountain biking and hiking camping ect....I like the west in general but I don't want to move to California. I want to live in an area thats not city but not country and after vacationing there and everything Colorado seems like the best choice for me.

·
Super Moderator
8,227 Posts
I've always wanted to live there. I love the mountains and skiing and everything like that. Always loved offroading and mountain biking and hiking camping ect....I like the west in general but I don't want to move to California. I want to live in an area thats not city but not country and after vacationing there and everything Colorado seems like the best choice for me.
Colorado is a decent choice. Boulder is full of granola crunchers though.... What kind of work do you do for a living?

·
rotaredom
9,582 Posts
i lived all over colorado, my favorite city to live was Ft Collins. Use to love blasting Poudre Canyon and up to Red Feather Lakes. Winter is long it seems, but if alot of outdoor activity is what you like its the state to live in. Boulder is ok, but ya what slim said...way too many hippies and the cost of living is way way high compared to the rest of the state.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Colorado is a decent choice. Boulder is full of granola crunchers though.... What kind of work do you do for a living?
Yeahm I've heard that before. I just don't want to live in Denver because I don't want to be in the city. Id like to live outside the city but not far from it you know. Right now I work for a company that builds lockboxes for realtors but I'm in a band and I am also an artist.

Me and my girlfriend are going to open a bar/ music venue eventually and ill be doing that as well. I have a lot of things I want to do but it will always involve music/art. Hopefully my band will get signed soon and everything will start to happen!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i lived all over colorado, my favorite city to live was Ft Collins. Use to love blasting Poudre Canyon and up to Red Feather Lakes. Winter is long it seems, but if alot of outdoor activity is what you like its the state to live in. Boulder is ok, but ya what slim said...way too many hippies and the cost of living is way way high compared to the rest of the state.
I don't mind the winter as long as I have 7-9 months of a riding season! I can't wait to ride the mountains and hit some real twisties where you don't have to worry about grass all over the street from some dumbass blowing grass all over the place. I'm gonna go out there and visit a couple different places before I just move there you know...

·
rotaredom
9,582 Posts
I don't mind the winter as long as I have 7-9 months of a riding season! I can't wait to ride the mountains and hit some real twisties where you don't have to worry about grass all over the street from some dumbass blowing grass all over the place. I'm gonna go out there and visit a couple different places before I just move there you know...
ya good call, ...many nice cities north of there to check out..Loveland, Brighton, Ft Lupton to name a few...the mountain riding is endless, lots to explore..good luck man :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ya good call, ...many nice cities north of there to check out..Loveland, Brighton, Ft Lupton to name a few...the mountain riding is endless, lots to explore..good luck man :thumbup:
Ft Collins looks nice...Rent seems cheaper haha. I plan on getting an apartment for 6months-1 year and then just looking for a house somewhere out there. Hows the nightlife in Ft Collins? Not super important to me but I'm still young and like to party haha

·
rotaredom
9,582 Posts
Ft Collins looks nice...Rent seems cheaper haha. I plan on getting an apartment for 6months-1 year and then just looking for a house somewhere out there. Hows the nightlife in Ft Collins? Not super important to me but I'm still young and like to party haha
Ft Collins is a very fun,party type college town...lots of night life and always something going on etc...if i had to pick, it would be Ft Collins all over again :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
8,227 Posts
Yeahm I've heard that before. I just don't want to live in Denver because I don't want to be in the city. Id like to live outside the city but not far from it you know. Right now I work for a company that builds lockboxes for realtors but I'm in a band and I am also an artist.

Me and my girlfriend are going to open a bar/ music venue eventually and ill be doing that as well. I have a lot of things I want to do but it will always involve music/art. Hopefully my band will get signed soon and everything will start to happen!
Got any links to your Band so we can check out your work? Denver has a great music scene they have always seemed to be very accepting to their local artists. There are even some up and coming bands rolling out of the Boulder/Denver area. You got the Flobots and 3OH!3 of course Big Head TOdd and the Monsters are COlorado too.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got any links to your Band so we can check out your work? Denver has a great music scene they have always seemed to be very accepting to their local artists. There are even some up and coming bands rolling out of the Boulder/Denver area. You got the Flobots and 3OH!3 of course Big Head TOdd and the Monsters are COlorado too.
My band is called Counterpoint....All I can show you is our old music that is super radio/pop. Our lead singer started singing and we kicked our old singer out so now our music is more rock like foo fighters. We just got done recording a 5 song demo that I will have updated to our page and shit in the next couple days so Ill let you know....You can can check our our old music from almost 2 years ago at www.myspace.com/Counterpoint. Let me know what you think, and Ill keep you updated on the new stuff. I've been on tours and shit all over the east coast/mid west so I know its what I want to do in life...just about the right people hearing our music at the right time...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ft Collins is a very fun,party type college town...lots of night life and always something going on etc...if i had to pick, it would be Ft Collins all over again :thumbup:
sweet...ill def put it on my list to check out when I go out there. It sounds like a good time man. What made you leave??

·
Registered
67 Posts
I live in Colorado, but Boulder is just too strange. Way to many radicals like CU professor Ward Churchill and there DA Tracy Lacey. I do love the ride to Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, to Grand Lake:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.