Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone going to COTA Track days in March?

I'll be there on the 12th for track day and back there for MotoGp on the 21st thru 23rd of April. Ill be in bleachers Turn 15 for April GP.

·
Premium Member
8,207 Posts
Jealous.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be there. I go every year. We are turn 15 as well. It's in April last time I checked.
:Laughing: It is April, I even bought tickets already.
Trackdays are in March 11th & 12th

·
Registered
401 Posts
Ill be there also for all 3 days but going with General Admission. I had tickets for turn 12 last year and it was boring. But I will be there open to close all 3 days, I already put in leave for thursday to monday!

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill be there also for all 3 days but going with General Admission. I had tickets for turn 12 last year and it was boring. But I will be there open to close all 3 days, I already put in leave for thursday to monday!
I did the same basically, off 21st through 25th.
Ill be in seats, turn 15. :smile

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump!

March 11th I'll be at COTA.
I have a red/white/blue America bike, say hi if anyone can make it.

·
Registered
500 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about that bullshit weather, today?
I was able to get my day moved to Sunday the 12th.
We'll see what happens. :0001136745-huh:

Supposed to be mainly overcast and cloudy, question is will the track dry out before 2pm. Im heading that way early.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I was able to get my day moved to Sunday the 12th.
We'll see what happens. :0001136745-huh:

Supposed to be mainly overcast and cloudy, question is will the track dry out before 2pm. Im heading that way early.
Yeah, that's when my dyno guy is going to be out there. I'm hoping to pick my bike up tomorrow, too, since the rain prevented me from picking it up today. It's right by COTA.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, that's when my dyno guy is going to be out there. I'm hoping to pick my bike up tomorrow, too, since the rain prevented me from picking it up today. It's right by COTA.
Your sig has a lot of truth to it (sarcasm or not) You can find a liter bike in better condition, cheaper than you can find a 750 or 600 in the same condition.

Cold as hell this morning and drizzle with winds about 15 mph.
It finally broke 50F by 1pm and the wind died down. But the track stayed cold. Had to run from the start to the end of the S's before you got any warmth in your tires. There must have been 5 bikes go down today, it was nuts. Nothing serious thankfully.

I pushed within reason and tried to keep bike angle a bit more upright handing off and keeping bike straighter. Worked well and still got some quick laps.

Im now level 2. Got evaluated. :cheers:

Maybe see you out there some time.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Your sig has a lot of truth to it (sarcasm or not) You can find a liter bike in better condition, cheaper than you can find a 750 or 600 in the same condition.

Cold as hell this morning and drizzle with winds about 15 mph.
It finally broke 50F by 1pm and the wind died down. But the track stayed cold. Had to run from the start to the end of the S's before you got any warmth in your tires. There must have been 5 bikes go down today, it was nuts. Nothing serious thankfully.

I pushed within reason and tried to keep bike angle a bit more upright handing off and keeping bike straighter. Worked well and still got some quick laps.

Im now level 2. Got evaluated. :cheers:

Maybe see you out there some time.
That's because, luckily for us, the liters bike do have enough power to scare people off from buying them. Also, 600s and 750s make much better track bikes, so they get snatched up for that, too.
Rain riding and cold riding will teach you some good lessons in body control and throttle control, that's for sure. I hope I can make it out there sometime, too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts