Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I got tracking info a couple days back, should be here next week or early the week after. Luckily for me, I made myself a pretty good sized to-do list with everything I am replacing/painting. She'll be a brand new beast when I'm done with her.

Also, gonna be finishing up the sprocket install tonight, had to go out and buy a few special sized sockets I didn't have lying around, and my chain breaker/rivet tool should be here tonight as well.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well small kink in the process, the right side fairings came cracked on the mounting points for the front. I am just glad I opted for the shipping insurance, hopefully everything gets settled before it gets too warm.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I figured I'll keep this going with updates, so you know exactly how auctmart deals with problems.

Here is how my fairing came, luckily this was the only problem, albeit a major one.

So I emailed auctmarts with the pictures of the problem, and although they do not want to ship a new one, they will but it would need to be about another month and a half of waiting. So I am asking for a partial refund of $150 USD to cover the cost of plastic welding and repainting the piece. Got the estimate yesterday, and I realize it may cost more than that, but at least I will not get totally bent over with this deal. They originally offered a partial refund of $90, but I had to at least get the repairs covered by the refund, I paid the extra $25 for shipping insurance so I should have no issue with getting everything I need back.

·
Premium Member
9,194 Posts
I just pulled the trigger on the fairings, the cowl was not included. Was it damaged in transit?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yeah, somewhere between hong kong and Illinois the tab snapped off. Now I am just hoping they refund my money in a timely manner so I can get this into the body shop for welding and paint.

At first they tried to tell me it's not important and to pretty much deal with it, but it is an important part, which is why I am pursuing the refund for the damages. Everything else looks fantastic though, and I am happy with it. There are paint runs on the backside of all the pieces, but unless you have OCD that won't bother you.

·
Premium Member
9,194 Posts
hope the set i ordered gets to me with no issues

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I hope so too Pred, it's a pain to have to wait longer. My side panel got repaired, and the wheels got painted.

Still got lots of work to do, but it's coming along.

·
Premium Member
9,194 Posts
what colour were ur wheels before , i may just powdercoat mines.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
They were factory white, I had them painted as it was cheaper, it should hold up just fine. Plus, they were color matched to the black on the fairings =]

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Looks good! :thumbup:

Use this same thread when you start your fitment too, that way this can turn into a whole review/build thread as well.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I was on ZX Forums and people on there bought a lot of from Auctmart. I remembered that there were the "exact fitment" which fits a bit easier than their normal products or something. Seem like they have good reputation overall though.

Keep posting guys!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
By Sunday I will have a completed bike, and all my winter projects will be done, if everything works out well that is, haha.

·
Premium Member
9,194 Posts
came in today already.......that was quick.
all i need to do is get these to my friends basement and get into mad scientist mode.

21 - 40 of 149 Posts