Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They had one out as display , powered up and everything.

My new pig spotters don't let me see behind too good, which I expected, so I want to get this system hooked up.

I plan on cutting the cig adapter and hooking it to my battery. I will then turn on the monitor when I want to use it, and it will be easy to unplug (the plug into the monitor) to take the screen with me when I'm off the bike..

also the camera that is built into the top of a license plate frame i'll cut just the camera and velcro it to the bottom of my current GSXR frame. So it will be just a small little square camera, and run the wire up where my license plate led light goes and plug it in somewhere in my tail.. Any suggestions where? They said in cars the backup lights so the camera goes on when you go in reverse, however I want it on always.. So any suggestions where I should plug this wire into?

The camera is wide angle it would be amazing to have this on my bike, I would see EVERYTHING behind me without having to turn my head. The pig spotters get my direct sides.

Lastly where should I mount the screen? I mount my GPS window suction mount to my RPM circle plastic, which sucks as I can't see my rpms but only use the gps rarely so it works for me. I need a better solution for this as it will be permanently on the bike basically. Do you guys know of a handlebar mount or something? Post up any mounts you know of. NO gas tank ones

·
Registered
95 Posts
How wide is the field of view on the camera? I have one recommendation for you using it. Be careful of YOUR blind spot. And by that I mean the spaces behind you that your peripheal vision can't see and the camera won't be able to see. Know what I mean? You can imagine them being in the same basic places as a cars blind spot. Don't get too reliant on using the camera.

Have you considered getting one of those high speed helmet mirrors that bicyclists sometimes use? hehehe

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
1. Dont rely on the cig lighter to power it. you could wire up the camera to the battery directly with an in line fuse then a power switch, similar to an amp in a car.

2. save the cig lighter for other things. they are very handy for charging my phone in a jam and for use with a gps if I used one.

3. I remember reading a thread a ways back about a site that sells a gps mount that mounts in the middle of your triple tree.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
1. Dont rely on the cig lighter to power it. you could wire up the camera to the battery directly with an in line fuse then a power switch, similar to an amp in a car.

2. save the cig lighter for other things. they are very handy for charging my phone in a jam and for use with a gps if I used one.

3. I remember reading a thread a ways back about a site that sells a gps mount that mounts in the middle of your triple tree.
YESS! I need that triple tree mount. I saw that awhile back too. Anyone have a link????

I don't know though about getting a diff wire.. I know the camera wire is integrated in, and the screen has a special plug so I have to use the cig adapter one i think.

And thanks to the 2nd poster I always check my blind spots. The pig spotters actually show me my sides but nothing more, so the camera and pig spotters will be perfect :)

Has anyone got this rearview camera on your bike before? Any type of camera? I see the $500 setups which are the same basically just billet lcd screens :p

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
HOLY SHIT BATMAN! just strap a laptop with wireless internet up why dont ya!

I found one for mine thats much smaller and mounts to the throttle side bar. Its not so obstructive.

Wow thats like a fat chick in a thong its ugly but I keep looking at it:lol:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tech...ViewItemQQitemZ260410778279QQsalenotsupported

This mount is fucking perfect but rediculous pricing $65

Does anyone know someone who makes/sells these type of mounts that go in the shock crown hole for like $20-$30?

Also can anyone tell me where should I attach wires of the camera on my rear license plate for power 100% of the time my motorcycle is running?

Also with a cig adapter, if I cut the cig adapter part off, take the two wires and twist them together with a adapter that looks like this --O and just drop it on the positive and negative on my battery will that power the screen just like it would of if I put it in the cig adapter?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tech...ViewItemQQitemZ260410778279QQsalenotsupported

This mount is fucking perfect but rediculous pricing $65

Does anyone know someone who makes/sells these type of mounts that go in the shock crown hole for like $20-$30?

Also can anyone tell me where should I attach wires of the camera on my rear license plate for power 100% of the time my motorcycle is running?

Also with a cig adapter, if I cut the cig adapter part off, take the two wires and twist them together with a adapter that looks like this --O and just drop it on the positive and negative on my battery will that power the screen just like it would of if I put it in the cig adapter?

I dont mean to sound bad but with all the money you dumped into the bike already is $65 that bad.

Use a multimeter to find which one of your wires back there is hot and not. Arne the wires youre talking about from the stock license plate light?

How can you hook them up to pos and neg if you twist them together? Ground the ground wire to your chassis and run the hot wire to the battery with a sufficient in-line fuse to protect your shit.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont mean to sound bad but with all the money you dumped into the bike already is $65 that bad.

Use a multimeter to find which one of your wires back there is hot and not. Arne the wires youre talking about from the stock license plate light?

How can you hook them up to pos and neg if you twist them together? Ground the ground wire to your chassis and run the hot wire to the battery with a sufficient in-line fuse to protect your shit.

Its not th money only its principal, $65 for a piece of metal worth $10 is bullshit.

But what I mean is the camera has wires coming out of it, I am going to run them up into my tail, along the same path as my license plate LED light goes, but where do I tap these into to get power?? I was going to use those plastic things that bite into the wire, so it will bite into the camera wire and like my back light so when my bike is on the camera has power. What I'm asking is how would I do this exactly and which wire should I connect it to?

Also the cig adapter has two wires going to it, I'm going to cut the adapter and when I said twist them together what I meant was twist EACH wire SEPERATELY to an adapter to make each one fit on one side of my battery, pos side, and one on negative side

·
Registered
51 Posts
Get one from ram mount. i have one for my gps and it works out great.

And again.... 65 bucks isn't that much, especially for the money that you say you have dropped in your bike so far. Not to mention that you make tons of money and money isn't a problem for you remember.

·
Registered
41 Posts
im lookin at the same thing but i seen a guy that mounted his on his fairing stay somehow but i want to get the same set up but i wanna get a recorder to record stuff to anyone got any ideas?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.