Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats goin on everyone? Been off the site for a while, but finally got a computer. Anyway, I've got a 2006 750 with 16,000 miles on it. I've done oil changes every 2300 or so miles and am due for one coming up. Is there anything I needed to do at 15000 that I'm not going to do myself? I've heard valve adjustment but dont know. I dont hear any valve noise. I plan on changing the oil, checking the coolant level in the radiator and res. I'm thinking about going chain and sprockets soon just cause. Anyone have any input as to a 520 conversion or staying stock? Is it a 525? Any input is greatly appreciated and it's good to be back.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Welcome back, if you are not looking to shave seconds off ur time @ the track then stay with the 525. It will save a tad bit of weight but for street riding I,d say no. my 02 cents. Valves around 16,xxx, gsxr’s have cam chain issues sometimes but if don’t hear anything don’t worry. My 03 750 has over 20,xxx and I still have not done the valves but want too. Why do you change the oil every 2,3000? I do mine 3-5,xxx. Just change the oil , keep fluids clean and your good to go. Most bikes are wrecked or stolen long b4 there (life span) is up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts