Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a 2001 gsxr 600 and i know the wiring on this bike is complete shit and i am really considering a new wire harness but i wrecked a few weeks back and i finally tried it out a few days ago. Still ran and rode but it wanted to shut off while riding. I did the kickstand bypass just in case i messed up that sensor in my wreck and it started to shut off more often. I went to test my coils not long after and instead of cranking (my fuel pump does kick on) my stva starts to spaz and theres a buzzing noise. The noise sounds like its coming from my starter relay and when i wiggled it i felt it vibrating when it buzzed. Im told its a bad stva but i dont know. I do have a video. I dont know if i can post it on here but if i cant i can email it to whomever

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey, I have a 2001 gsxr 600 and i know the wiring on this bike is complete shit and i am really considering a new wire harness but i wrecked a few weeks back and i finally tried it out a few days ago. Still ran and rode but it wanted to shut off while riding. I did the kickstand bypass just in case i messed up that sensor in my wreck and it started to shut off more often. I went to test my coils not long after and instead of cranking (my fuel pump does kick on) my stva starts to spaz and theres a buzzing noise. The noise sounds like its coming from my starter relay and when i wiggled it i felt it vibrating when it buzzed. Im told its a bad stva but i dont know. I do have a video. I dont know if i can post it on here but if i cant i can email it to whomever
IT DID HAVE ISSUES BEFORE THE ACCIDENT*****

·
SuperMod of the North
25,773 Posts
^This. Upload to youtube. Open the video. Right click and select "Copy video URL" Paste it into a reply here. If it doesn't work I will fix it in the reply.

·
Super Moderator
8,884 Posts
It may be much more than this, but most of the time the starter relay "vibrates" it means the battery is near dead.

I'm assuming when the relay vibrates, the starter is not able to turn the engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It may be much more than this, but most of the time the starter relay "vibrates" it means the battery is near dead.

I'm assuming when the relay vibrates, the starter is not able to turn the engine.
Correct but i will upload the video and post the link

·
Registered
958 Posts
Looks like the battery is fried to me.

·
Super Moderator
8,884 Posts
@Dlbennett455 Is that when you press the starter button? If so, the battery is likely dead as I mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
^this. You will need a fully charged, good battery to do the tests though. Yours seems broken.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So my buddy came and picked it up to work on it and the battery had 6 volts. He charged it and got the bike started. He said 1 coil is bad and another isnt getting a signal from the ecu. He said he found this out after straight wiring the coil to the ecu and still no signal. Any suggestions?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts