Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all I need help putting on my new bar and mirrors right now my bar ends have a little knob on the end as you can see in the video I don’t know how to take this and off in order to screw in the bar ends and I was considering maybe just getting clip on bar ends. If anyone could help me figure out how to either take these knobs off or guide me in the right direction as to putting on clip on‘s. ( I posted this in another forum and was told I have clip on handlebars)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
What bijke is this on.

There is usually a phillips type head screw, or a hex head screw in the end of them- the weighted bar ends.

Yours looks rounded off, as it there is no screw/bolt in it?

Try twisting it counterclockwise- maybe that will loosen the robber plug that keeps it snug in the bar ends.
Clip ons, handlebars- most are hollow.
Most jap bikes are a 7/8" bar/clip on.
Harleys are 1".

HTH

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s a 07 GSXr600, tried twisting em off w kitchen gloves and pliers to no avail, I think I’ll just order clip ons

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Those are not great pictures. Are those solid bars? Then you can't take anything off.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,509 Posts
Give them a Firm tap on the end a couple times. In some cases it jars stuck threads loose. Wrap it with some scrap rubber and back them out with vide grips. Have patience and you should get it.

There are two types. One just threads into the end of the bar and the other has a rubber plug that expands inside hollow bars when you tighten.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The internally expanding wellnut style plug is what I'm familiar with. Yours looks quite different, in particular there's no screw head on the outer end. If your clip-ons are like mine, there's a plastic plug at the other end. It's possible that you can access a screw through the plug hole with a long screwdriver. Alternately you might be able to drive the bar end out with a rod through the hole.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up taking some kitchen gloves and monkey wrench to it for about 30 minutes and then they popped out kind of feel like an idiot but thanks for all the help guys

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Could you take a picture of it out please. It looks like a type some of us, well me, were not familiar with.

Thanks and glad you got it out.

Speaking of Bar end mirrors, I recently changed over to them also.

After researching and reading reviews- I took a gamble on a pair the already comes with the bar end insert (you take the bar end weight off), and also fold in- the fold in is like the expensive CRG HIndsight lanesplitter brand.

I couldn't be happier- I saved at least $140 by getting the mictung brand off of Ebay- might have been Amazon.
I went on a ride yesterday- one of the riders is on a 2020 Indian- I had ridden with him once before and told him about my bar end mirrors, etc.
He had a pair he really likes also- that he got from seeing mine!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts