Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my bike last year used and decided to replace the grips yesterday, but the bar ends were all jacked up. I couldnt get the screw to thread back into the rubber anchor when i was done. I actually had to screw everthing together then shove it into the bar itself. But i can't get it in far enough, so there is gap between the bar end and the grip. This ever happen to anyone before?

Hope I can get a few pics up to make it easier to understand. Do all suzuki's us the rubber anchors for the bar ends?

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
Pull it back out, apply WD 40 to the screw threads, clean them with a wire brush if you need too, work them back and forth, clean everything up and reinstall. If you just shove them back in without tightening the expansion screw properly, they will fall out.

Yes, Suzuki uses those in all gsxr's.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at my friends an his were different then the ones i have. In my bars there is a think rubber spacer, then behind that there is a grooved washer and a nut that catch each other and tighten. My left side unscrewed fine and screwed back in with no problem, tightening up. On the throttle if i try to put the rubber spacer in where it needs to be then screw the bar end in, it wont catch the nut, just pushes it back further in the handle bar.

·
Registered
226 Posts
That looks like alot of parts. I just have:
1. bar end
2. rubber thing
3. screw
4. nut

mine are aftermarket barends using all the stock mounting gear. they were like $6 at the dealer. i install all the parts and get everything snug, insert in the tube, then really tighten it down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts