Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 02 1k, i had to ride it home in a heavy rain storm and it hasn't run right since. it's very hard to start cold if it starts at all, it fouls my plugs once a week. it will runs trong to 5500 rpm then it acts like it runs out of fuel. it smells rich and when i pull the plugs out they are smutty and wet,it has no trouble codes. i thought the air filter was wet i replaced it with a new k&n no change. i ran a 50-50 mix of 91 and 113 octane fuel no change. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! :headscrat

·
Registered
234 Posts
Make sur ethe K&N filter is not over oiled. THis would cause problems. I have seen this on cars. Not enough air. Was the stock filter wet when you took it out?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it didn't seem to be wet at all but i'm sure it was at least damp and i took the k&n out of the box and put it in, no oil added. will it hurt to ride it around the block w/o a air filter to see what happens? thanks for the reply.....

·
Registered
234 Posts
YARBRO1 said:
it didn't seem to be wet at all but i'm sure it was at least damp and i took the k&n out of the box and put it in, no oil added. will it hurt to ride it around the block w/o a air filter to see what happens? thanks for the reply.....
No it will not hurt a thing. I have seen them K&N to heavily oil out of the box. DOn't rule it out. Check under the seat at the connector see if anything looks wet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
it may bee unrelated but there is a sensor on the back of the air box,if there is not a vacume line conected to it the bike will run really rich and foul the plugs allot

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took the air filter out and it actually ran worse! It barely started after about 1 minute of turning, then it would turn over 3,ooo rpm, It acts as if it's running out of gas even soon now. I took the fuel line lose and I'm getting a good steady flow of fuel while the pump is running, is there any way to test the pressure? Or anymoe ideas.... HELP!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts