Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting into stunting but I don't want to hurt my pretty 03 gixxer 750 :grin

Anyway , I need helping finding a older bike that has enough power/torque just to kick it around for some fun on the street. I been looking on craiglist and need to have a good idea of what to look for. I assume almost any 600c with the correct gearing should work? I am not looking at pro stunting or anything but want a decent bike to start with. I am willing to spend about $1000 on a new toy. Think that should get me something half decent? Again its only a weekend fun bike.

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
8,197 Posts
I agree with WB that getting something running and rideable for $1k would be a find.

Personally, I'd look at an old dual sport. It's got the frame and suspension to take the pounding and will have little damage when you drop it.

BTW, the SV650s are not a good candidate. They have a know oil starvation issue to one of the cylinders (the front?) doing wheelies.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
An old room mate of mine used to stunt in parking lots and stuff, he used a CBR 600, usually 96-99 models.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A saw a few 600's around $1000 bucks that needed cosmetic work which is fine with me since ill probably end up dumping it anyway :grin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts