Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine just got in a bad accident last thursday, he is still in the trauma unit but doing better. I went and picked up the motorcycle today to help his family out. Its my old bike so i didnt mind seeing it again. Anyway the bike is fine except for 2 bends in the frame. Runs excellent just cosmetic. The bends in the frame are at the rear of the bike where the rear fender attaches to the frame. Looks the the bike went to the 12 oclock postion and caught the rear fender bending the frame up. Anyway my question is how hard is it to bend the frame back, is there places that can do that? Or will it cost an arm and a leg? It looks like without the frame bending I can have the bike back in perfect shape for about 2 grand. Its a 1999 Honda magna by the way. Thanks for the help guys.
jerome

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Oh a magna........ I thought we were talking sport bikes, so i was going to tell you to replace the subframe.

I know GMDcomputrac straightens sportbike frames, but I dont think they do cruisers. Not to mention that is a tubular frame, and will be pretty hard to straighten if it is creased. You could probably find a slavaged bike though with a straight frame ond fix it that way, or find one with a bent neck, cut the rear part of the frame off and weld it on the one you have,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah the tubular frame thing is what worries me, just thought I would ask on this site, seems like alot of people on here have had experiences with more than sport bikes. I went out and studyied it, and the bike still seems straight, it is just the two bars that go back to the rear fender that are bent up, maybe I could have them taken off and weld some new ones on????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.