Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a pothole so bad the other day that i bent both my rims. I have an 04 gsxr 1000. I brought it to a shop that my friend works at so they can help fix the rims. They made the rims better but bent the right front rotor and now i have no front brakes. Now I need a rotor, my friend has an 01 rotor. Can that rotor work and also what other years and sizes will fit. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
The 01 rotor will not work. The only rotors I know for a fact that will work are 03-04 1000. I'll look into if the 600 and 750 ones will work.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
There are places you can send your bent rims to, to get them TRULY straightened out. As far as the disk... that is what happens sometimes when a buddy works on your bike to save a buck, and like skibum I am not sure if the 04 600 and 750 will work, but I am almost positive the 01-02 will not

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah... my 0.02

usually you can straighten a rim only if it´s not seriously damaged, (like shortening your springs ja ja ja) but just to be shure I would preef to get a used one or a new one...

my 0.02 cents

Ride Safe........ :hammer:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for the info guys. My main concern is getting back on the road. The rims are fine for now I just need a new rotor to get my brakes working again. Thanks again...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Call A and J cycle salvage 610-5216700 They told me yesterday that they
were getting two 1000s in on tuesday Might be what you need They are
just south of Philadelphia.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.