Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok..I'm curious to know whats the best option for an HID kit on my 07 gsxr 750.I don't know much at all about HIDs besides they look awesome and I want them..Can someone that knows a little bit about them tell me what a good brand is and where to get them?.thanks for anything..if there is threads already about this then just send them and dont bitch..i couldnt find them

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just got the gixxerboys 25k low and high beam kit for my k7 750. Extremely bright blue and they look amazing. Also incredibly east to install. I don't know what other HID kits are going for price wise. This was only 155 off of ebay. But you can also check out there site, its Gixxerboys.com. Hope this helps. :thumbup:

·
BaDAZ
517 Posts
I just order a kit from starrotors.com....

It was 2 bulbs and 2 ballasts and any color temp for 99.95. That was was including shipping and everything.

The install was easy, just finding a place for the ballasts gave me the biggest problem. I ended up just mounting them inside the left fairing. They look alot better then my stock bulbs haha. I got the 8000K by the way. Ordered them on a Saturday. Got them by Wednesday. Very happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I just order a kit from starrotors.com....

It was 2 bulbs and 2 ballasts and any color temp for 99.95. That was was including shipping and everything.

The install was easy, just finding a place for the ballasts gave me the biggest problem. I ended up just mounting them inside the left fairing. They look alot better then my stock bulbs haha. I got the 8000K by the way. Ordered them on a Saturday. Got them by Wednesday. Very happy with the purchase.
X2 my kit from starrotors was very nice! I got the 6k and couldnt be happier with them! my roomate and I split the package so it only cost me $50 for the low beams!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice..thanks guys..i will look into both of those

·
Registered
342 Posts
I just got my HID kit today for $40 shipped. Your bike only uses one HID since you only have one Low beam. Search his name:autoluminate... He built my kit for my 06 600 since most of his auctions are for two HID's/

I also purchased a HI and Low HID kit for my 02 1000 3 months ago from the same guy for $120 shipped. No problems and one of the nicest kits I have seen.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I had Best dubs But Since DOT shut them down i got a kid on ebay slim kit for $65.00 those are good for me lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can anyone explain the diff between 6K, 8K and 25K? Sorry for the stupid question... Lol :headscrat
This is from XENONRIDER.com, I have purchased 4 sets from him all 6k. Love em! Very good service, email him for best price, usualy he offers a club discount.

What is color temperature (K)?

This is one of the biggest misconceptions regarding lighting. The Kelvin (K) rating simply measures the color output of the light on the Kelvin color temperature scale. It does not measure the amount of light output of the bulb: intensity of the bulb is measured by luminosity.

The lower the color temperature, the more red/yellow the coloration. The higher the color temperature, the more white/blue the coloration. We recommend 6000K bulbs, as it gives you a white-colored light with a very slight tint of blue.
[/B]

·
Registered
894 Posts
4000 illuminates the road the most i sould say. 6000 still does a wicked job and its got that nice blue diamond tint. 8000 has a cool blue, but the illumination blows. Anything up from there you dont see shit. I run 6000 for my driving light and I had 8000 for my highbeam. ripped that thing out for a stock lightbulb thats how bad it sucked. Also make sure you get a kit with digital ballasts. they are about the size of a credit card an makes for a nice install!

·
Registered
32 Posts
4000 illuminates the road the most i sould say. 6000 still does a wicked job and its got that nice blue diamond tint. 8000 has a cool blue, but the illumination blows. Anything up from there you dont see shit. I run 6000 for my driving light and I had 8000 for my highbeam. ripped that thing out for a stock lightbulb thats how bad it sucked. Also make sure you get a kit with digital ballasts. they are about the size of a credit card an makes for a nice install!
Ageed, Im thinking this spring Ill be putting 6ks for my lows and was thinking bout 4k for the highs but havent decided on that yet.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Ageed, Im thinking this spring Ill be putting 6ks for my lows and was thinking bout 4k for the highs but havent decided on that yet.
4000 would be a good idea. The drawback to HID for high beam application, is that its not instantly bright. This is the main reason I decided to stick with OE bulb.

·
Registered
605 Posts
HIDGUY.com makes a awesome kit. The guy really knows his stuff and the entire kit is life time warranted. I am going with a 6000k low and 4000k high.

·
Registered
115 Posts
So the 25k lights from gixxerboys suck? This is what they claim:

** THIS 25000K KIT FEATURES*A*COMPLETE LOW AND HIGH BEAM UPGRADE:

** - Triple beam conversion from stock halogen to true HID

* *- Three*super bright, deep blue beams

** - Amazing increase in visibility

** - Dramatically improves the look of your GSXR

** INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU NEED:

** - 1*H11 25000k GSXR xenon gas filled low beam bulb

** - 2*9005 25000k GSXR xenon gas filled high beam bulbs

** - 3 Mini digital ballasts (1/3 the size of standard ballasts)

** - 3 Plug and play wire harnesses that plug directly into your stock lighting

** - 1 LED pilot/running light (choose*your color... white, blue or, red)

***** ** PLEASE NOTE *** If color is not specified during checkout, we will automatically ship BLUE with this kit

** - Mounting velcro/zipties

** - Full installation instructions via*email

** WHY GIXXERBOYS:

** - Super easy Installation

** - Custom plug and play GSXR design. No drilling, rewiring, or additional parts required

** - Highest quality parts used in all out kits

** - 24-7*Customer support

** - 100% money back guarantee "NO questions asked" (if not satisfied within 14 days of purchase)

* *- Lifetime warranty

Does anyone have these? Can you see? They claim to increase visability... :headscrat

·
Registered
894 Posts
25000K would be more of a purple. And your visibility would suck my nads. Highest light output is around 4000k.. then it goes down from there...

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just got the gixxerboys 25k low and high beam kit for my k7 750. Extremely bright blue and they look amazing. Also incredibly east to install. I don't know what other HID kits are going for price wise. This was only 155 off of ebay. But you can also check out there site, its Gixxerboys.com. Hope this helps. :thumbup:
Can u see at night with the 25k??? I was thinking of getting those but now I'm thinking of 8k... But I'm hearing you can't really see with the 8k either... :shifty

·
Registered
214 Posts
Can u see at night with the 25k??? I was thinking of getting those but now I'm thinking of 8k... But I'm hearing you can't really see with the 8k either... :shifty
I've heard a lot of mixed stories with the 25k... I've heard they aren't bright at all for the night, and they're JUST strictly for show...
I got the 6000K gixxerboys kit and I can't really say much on how it looks as I haven't installed it yet :) but I've heard they're awesome... plus on youtube there is a few vids of a guy with the same kit and it looks great so we'll see.
I've heard 8000K is bright, but 6000K is the absolute brightest you can get (highest Kelven rating or some shit)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.