Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 gsxr 600 and was wondering the best kind of bolt-on for it is. Im lookin for mostly sound since the bolt-ons don't really make that much more power anyways. I was thinking about the yosh tri-oval but wasn't for sure. I was also wondering if a K&N air filter is worth it or not. If you guys could help me out that would be great thanks

·
Registered
526 Posts
as far as best it differs from one persons opinion to another when it comes to sound. but some will give u as much as 6-7 hp. which is a good amount considering ur on something that only weighs about 400lbs. think about it. if u convert that ratio to a car that weighs lets say 3200 lbs. (chevy s-10 ext cab pickup) that would be like adding 48-56 hp. when u consider the weight to power ratio. if i had an extra 50hp on my truck id be doin good. especially if it came from a 400$ slip-on. lol but hey my reasoning might be way off.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I personally like the sound AND the power that hindle makes.

As far as a K&N filter, the FI bikes filter is VERY good, so the K&N doesnt add any power on the FI bikes. But I like the added benefit of them being "wet" filters, so I feell like they filter better while still flowing great, and they are resuable instead of throwing them away.

·
Registered
526 Posts
http://www.akrapovic-ai.si/main/productnews/product-news.htm

there is one ;) :arsenal

WELL THE LINK DIDNT WORK SO... here is a copy and paste

PERFORMANCE

Measurements of the Akrapovic BOLT-ON system on the SUZUKI GSX-R 750 (without noise damper):

Power: for a first-level exhaust system modification, the Akrapovic BOLT-ON system delivers a healthy boost in power. Power is increased throughout the entire rpm range, with the max. power of 129.6 HP, an increase of 4.8 HP, appearing at the top of the range at 13000 rpm.
Torque: the torque curve also shows better response. The torque is also increased across the entire range, and most importantly the drop-out in the stock curve around 5400 rpm is filled.

stock
AKRAPOVIC
max. increased power

max. rear wheel power HP / rpm
124.8 / 12600 129.6 / 13000
7.8 / 13400 <----- that is the maximum increase in hp after the 13000 rpm range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.