Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone's favorite year ( modern ) (2004 up) engines and why?
Best HP rated?
Best durability rated?
Pros and cons?
Which one is the cheapest?

I'v currently been running a 2007 gsxr600 - however I recently kill mine and am looking to replace it...... Would like to hear everyone's opinions across the board.....

Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
1,469 Posts
What is everyone's favorite year ( modern ) (2004 up) engines and why?
Best HP rated?
Best durability rated?
Pros and cons?
Which one is the cheapest?

I'v currently been running a 2007 gsxr600 - however I recently kill mine and am looking to replace it...... Would like to hear everyone's opinions across the board.....

Thanks guys!
Lol you are gonna get a bunch of people that say the year the own is the best bc they’re biased toward their own machine. Obviously the older/smaller displacement the cheaper the bike will be so I would scratch that one off the list.

How did you kill your 07 600?
I suggest getting any 750 you can afford from 07 up as it will be an upgrade for sure and I am biased bc I own an 07 750. I can say that add ons make a big difference in my experience. Lightweight wheels and suspension are the biggest “feeling” factors so if you can find a well set up/upgraded machine that will be your best bet.

·
Registered
2004 GSXR 600, 1992 GSXR 750, 1983 XN85 Turbo & some Euro bikes
295 Posts
^^like he said^^

Everyone has their opinion and bias. I have an 04 600. I like it and the 05 for 600s because I find them the most symmetrical, body line wise and they were the last year before all the Japanese big 4 collectively decided the “running shoe” look was good for motorcycles too.

I honestly don’t care for many bikes after the 2005 MY at all. I don’t care how much more power they make, or how much better they handle. I have other bikes for more power if I want that for a particular ride. That and the 04-05 bikes are getting harder to find in reasonable condition.

Just like the oil boilers and SRADs before them. It’s rare to see one in original condition these days or one that doesn’t have a gazillion miles on it and is half beaten to death.

I guess it boils down to what exactly you wish to replace your 07 with. Do you want/need more power? Go with a 750 in that case. Do you want something a little different or less common? An 04-05 600 or 750. I mean, unless you want even less common, in which case find yourself an old oil boiler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts