·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
U get in the 9s yet?
I'll assume your talking to me since the yellow bullet would have to let off to run a 9...lol... The answer is... Wait for it.... NO! 10.19 is my best so far, the weather was brutally hot, not power making weather.

I had caught a structure fire the night before around 1am (never got back to bed) and went straight to the track when I got off for Grudge Day at the track. Heat, fatigue and lack of ability all led to a long day of low 10s. I haven't been able to get back to the track between school and work.

I went to the dyno yesterday to get a couple baseline pulls before I pull the flies and remove the set valve. It made a bit over 140 and was rich on the AF, around 12. Tuner said to pull the flies out, remove the set valve and re-route the PAIR valve hose to the crank case vent rather than the airbox, bring it back and he would clean up the tune.

Tuner is Chris Jones in Florida, rides a ZX14 turbo in AMA competition, really nice guy and seems to be very knowledgeable. I believe he said it runs 7.70s, it looked faster than that...

Once I get mods and tune I'll get back out there and see what i can do. The flies out really stabilized the roll on power and response just got to keep working on my riding skills.... Peace out....

Sorry bout the thread jacking, got carried away... Once again luv the vids..... :clap:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice vids.... What RPM are you launching at? How many oil pans have you been through on that particular bike?....
This will be my 3rd ;) Also I have it at 7k-8k and as soon as I launch im at full throttle as you can hear on the last pass I went full throttle alittle to quick LOL

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No way to protect that with maybe a skid plate of some type. I know your probably weight conscious, but 3 times that sucks. Makes me think I'll just stay where I'm at height wise.....

What type of clutch?
Stock Clutch onyl way to go, but yeah we were thinking about doing alittle Crace under there but Low Profile Pan is much easier LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.